The Many Benefits of Potatoes

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you for sharing this article. I don't eat potatoes too often, because I don't like them. When I was a kid, I had to eat them cooked, it was disgusting:eek:
But I love baked potatoes and fries:D

Reaction score
I don't eat a lot of potatoes but when I do I generally like them baked with a variety of toppings. Mashed are good too and are more of a comfort food for me.

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for sharing! I honestly thought that potatoes were the junk food of the vegetable world, lol. It's amazing to find out they do have some vitamins, specially my fav vitamin: vitamin B6! I'll no longer feel so guilty after eating potatoes!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Hamburgers need french-fries, steak and fried chicken need mashed taters, and pan fries go well with fried fish or as a sandwich. Hard to make stew without them or a pan roast. Baked taters work ok with steak.
One of my great-grandfathers was Irish, and the potato blight that hit the Emerald Isle probably had a lot to do with his immigration to the States. Potatoes, corn, turkeys,pecans, and tobacco (a relative of the potato) were all gifts of the Americas to the world. And the Image of the "ild West".

Ask a Question