If you had to eat just one fruit for the rest of your life...?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Apples Anybody ....
dsc00225-e1332956410346.jpg
I love Medlars I harvest them when we get our first Frost & would love to eat the everyday

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Chocolate grows on a bush, right, so that is a fruit. right.

Now, let's not get hasty!! :cautious:

Technically, coffee chocolate is made from the coffee cacao "bean" which is actually the pit, (or seed,) inside the fruit.

Sheesh, Esther, you can't take away my chocolate just so I can have coffee!! :cautious: :eek: :rolleyes:

I think we get chocolate, and coffee, and still get a fruit!! (y) :ROFLMAO:

I just can't pick one. :(

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Watermelon. Hydrates and nourishes

I love watermelon and last time we had it, ex was very impressed and asked why he hadn't appreciate them earlier. He was very scared of pips..

I second you on this, especially on a hot day and with a sweet and juicy one. I often pretend to know and hit the watermelon to feel if the melon sounds dull or sharp! But I actually I don't know which one is better. I think the heavier the better.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States

That was a very good article, Esther! (y) Thank you! :)

National agricultural organizations have also led the effort to develop new hybrid versions of both coffee and cacao by cross-pollinating two species with the aims of developing offspring with the desirable characteristics of both ...(snip)... Additionally, both coffee and cacao have “mutated” in the wild and crossed naturally in lands other than their native habitat to create distinctive new offspring

:love: A mocha-latte tree... :love: (Oh my...swoon...) :love: :notworthy:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
All of a sudden, this question made me take note of how fortunate we are to have so many fruits available to us as well as the ability to eat them in moderation. Some amongst us can't, for health reasons while others on the other side of the spectrum don't even get basic food.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
All of a sudden, this question made me take note of how fortunate we are to have so many fruits available to us as well as the ability to eat them in moderation. Some amongst us can't, for health reasons while others on the other side of the spectrum don't even get basic food.

Indeed, we don't have to worry about eating seasonal fruits only. Fruits from all over the world are flown in .. We are spoilt and take things for granted.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Now, let's not get hasty!! :cautious:

Technically, coffee chocolate is made from the coffee cacao "bean" which is actually the pit, (or seed,) inside the fruit.

Sheesh, Esther, you can't take away my chocolate just so I can have coffee!! :cautious::eek::rolleyes:

I think we get chocolate, and coffee, and still get a fruit!! (y):ROFLMAO:

I just can't pick one. :(
I'm currently growing cacao (chocolate) trees in my office cubicle. It really is a multi purpose fruit tree. Not only can you get chocolate, some of which have definite coffee flavors to them, but you can also eat the pulp of the fruit. It's the gooey outer coating of the fruit but tastes like nothing else you've had. The best I've been able to describe it is watermelon crossed with a shocktart!
On top of that you can also ferment it to make alcohol. Can you go wrong with this fruit?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I am a Prince of Pineapple. I like it on pizza too!

When I buy pineapple, I must be very health conscious! I regret it as soon as it stares at me on my kitchen table, begging me, "Please peel pineapple!" :unsure:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently growing cacao (chocolate) trees in my office cubicle. It really is a multi purpose fruit tree. Not only can you get chocolate, some of which have definite coffee flavors to them, but you can also eat the pulp of the fruit. It's the gooey outer coating of the fruit but tastes like nothing else you've had. The best I've been able to describe it is watermelon crossed with a shocktart!
On top of that you can also ferment it to make alcohol. Can you go wrong with this fruit?

I love growing stuff exotic, but as soon as I read the instructions, asking me to give the seeds 24c to 27c, I despair and say to myself, "Forget it!"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I am a Prince of Pineapple. I like it on pizza too!

Some years ago while deer hunting in Michigan a friend made his “specialty” pizza. It was thin crust with Spam, pineapple, Swiss cheese and a light dusting of ground cloves. I didn’t really want to try it because it didn’t sound too appetizing. It turned out to be fantastic. It became a stapled our trips after that.

Ask a Question