If you had to eat just one fruit for the rest of your life...?

Reaction score
Country
United States
as much as I love pineapple I'm going to go with apples as well. There are just so many ways you can prepare them and so man varieties of them they are such a great fruit.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6-7
Country
United States
Red raspberries. I don't really even have to think about it. I love them and they are expensive so an unlimited supply would pretty much make my life! :)

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I would have to go with apples since they're crisp, and you can turn it into pie, or if you're more experienced with cooking you can put it in a dish. Sadly, I don't think you can make ice cream with only apples. (I believe you can make ice cream from bananas)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
If I was considering fruit that would keep for a long time, I would definitely pick apples. Sailors in centuries past carried barrels of apples because they can keep for a month or more. Unfortunately, apples aren't particularly nutritious, and completely lack vitamin C. For this reason, scurvy ran high on month-or-longer voyages.
Scurvy ran high primarily because people believed that vegetables were poisonous; vegetables like leafy greens and potatoes is where most of us get the overwhelming majority of vit C.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Love plums, but also love so many other fruits I can't decide. This is a very hard question to answer. Let me give it some more thought.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Longan fruit

the bigger and fleshier the better.
download.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It's a relative of lychee .. but I love Longan so much better. My brother just stood underneath the tree and ate, and ate and ate ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Love plums, but also love so many other fruits I can't decide. This is a very hard question to answer. Let me give it some more thought.

I love my yellow skinned plum, much more superior in flavour to the purple ones. But it has not fruited this year. :cry:

Ask a Question