If you had to eat just one fruit for the rest of your life...?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I wonder if it is because I did not grow up in a tropical place, but I am not as fond of tropical fruits as some people are. Where I live, we do not eat them often, so I guess I never aquired a strong taste for them.

Reaction score
I would choose bananas or mango. They are by far my favorite fruits and bananas are versatile and can be used in a variety of ways.

Reaction score
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If I had to pick just one fruit it would definitely be cherries. I love cherries so much, they are very healthy since they contain a lot of antioxidants in them. It always seems like they are never out for long enough and I would love to have an endless supply of them so I can enjoy them throughout the winter too.

Reaction score
I wonder if it is because I did not grow up in a tropical place, but I am not as fond of tropical fruits as some people are. Where I live, we do not eat them often, so I guess I never aquired a strong taste for them.
Definitely you have a point. If you grow up eating a certain food you develop a taste for it. That's why you should experiment with these other varieties of fruit. You never know what you've been missing until you try it.

Reaction score
I would choose apples. Well, as they say, an apple a day keeps the doctor away! I really love crispy apples. What's more, they can be kept fresh for a long time as long as they are stored properly. :D
Even ounce they spoil you can still use apples to make apple sauce. Just peel them, boil them, mash them. Once they cool add some cinnamon and honey. Apples are the best, simply delicious.

Reaction score
I would pick apples because they are really delicious and very healthy. Another thing is they say that an apple a day keeps the doctor away and this is so true. With apples you can make homemade apple sauce, apple pie, apple crisp, and other fun recipes.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Without thought to anything other than preference, I will go with Avocados! A few years ago if asked this I would have said mango but after having experienced two weeks of eating mango's almost exclusively mango's lost the spot of favorite fruit! I think I would not tire of Avocados though because they can be eaten alone, with rice, as a side, as a dip. They are pretty versatile as well as a healthy food choice.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
I would have to say blueberries. You get the antioxidant benefits which are prevention of cancer, age related and cardiovascular benefits, and even good for weight loss. I also would love to make a blueberry wine as opposed to grape or cherry as I have done in the past. I love to make blueberry cakes, pies, and insert them into yogurt as well as make blueberry-filled donuts. They are just so delicious but I have to watch out for the combination of sweets to blueberries to make sure the health benefits outweigh the unhealthy things I add!
:cool:

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I definitely agree with the banana responses! A tasty soft fruit which is quite filling. In addition, it comes in its own convenient storage system! When you're feeling hungry, just take a second to peel it and enjoy your fruit right away!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
I would have to say blueberries. You get the antioxidant benefits which are prevention of cancer, age related and cardiovascular benefits, and even good for weight loss. I also would love to make a blueberry wine as opposed to grape or cherry as I have done in the past. I love to make blueberry cakes, pies, and insert them into yogurt as well as make blueberry-filled donuts. They are just so delicious but I have to watch out for the combination of sweets to blueberries to make sure the health benefits outweigh the unhealthy things I add!
:cool:

This is a wonderful answer. I love blueberries and all the benefits you mention are a huge plus. I just wish they didn't cost so much.

Reaction score
Country
United States
If I could only just select one, and only one fruit to have for the rest of my life... hmm Apples. I've grown up near orchards my entire life. From apple pies to sliced apples in an apple-crisp, to fritters .. it's very versatile.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I hate to be un-original, but for me it would have to be apples. For two reasons. First, there are so many different varieties that you can get such different flavors and textures. Second, you can prepare them so many different ways - out-of-hand, baked, fried, in pies and cakes, applesauce, apple butter, juice, cider - they're even good tossed into smoothies. They make a great snack and are also good with meals.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got to thinking about this and if not apples I'd have to select blueberries. I love them prepared in virtually any way possible. I could just get full eating handfulls of raw berries too.

Ask a Question