If you had to eat just one fruit for the rest of your life...?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I'd choose tomatoes. They're fruits, aren't they?:p I'm a tomato addict, I can't imagine my life without them. They're super delicious, versatile, easy to grow and very healthy.
Tomatoes are the best:love:
Ditto this! I mean, what can't be done with a tomato? I love plums, but plum juice over my pasta ain't gonna work.:sick:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Ditto this! I mean, what can't be done with a tomato? I love plums, but plum juice over my pasta ain't gonna work.:sick:
Haha, I know:D Plum pasta doesn't sound good at all! However, I kind of like eating bread with plums;) But of course tomatoes are the best fruits!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa

Well actually I just found a recipe for Fried Pasta with Plum Sauce. It seems some people have a lot of imagination when it comes to preparing food. If my cooking skills were a bit better I might be tempted to try this one.

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Oranges for me without no doubt. I love that fruit and also, they said it has a lot of good vitamins, specially vitamin C, and for a smoker like me, that's a good support indeed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I will pick apples. They keep very well for a long time, and they are versatile enough to mix or make other things with. They have high content of water and fiber too, so they will be my choice.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Apples. Definitely apples. If this fruit is the poison in Snow White's life, it is the exact opposite in mine. There's really something about it that gets me addicted. I like the way it tastes in my mouth and the sound of it everytime I take a bite. :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
image.jpg
Blueberries. Mine produce well, and don't take all the maintenance of our Apple, pear and plum trees. Even raspberries require consistent upkeep. Got 6 gallons of berries from this bush last summer that made it to the freezer and many more that got eaten in the garden (blueberries produce berries from June to September). They are definitely my preferred fruit for numerous reasons(y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
View attachment 4409 Blueberries. Mine produce well, and don't take all the maintenance of our Apple, pear and plum trees. Even raspberries require consistent upkeep. Got 6 gallons of berries from this bush last summer that made it to the freezer and many more that got eaten in the garden (blueberries produce berries from June to September). They are definitely my preferred fruit for numerous reasons(y)

I'd love a bush that produces fruit over such a long period. Don't the birds go for blueberries, or are there enough to go around? We have a plum tree in our garden, but by the time the birds have had their share, there's nothing left for us.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
Me and the dogs spend so much time outside in the summer that birds are not that muchly of a problem.

You're lucky. Unfortunately I don't have dogs and I don't spend much time in my garden either. We have a few stray cats that visit our garden regularly but they don't seem to keep the birds away.

Reaction score
Country
Norway
What a hard question. I am so done with bananas after eating them trice a day for 14 months straight, that I still don't eat anything tasting banana over a decade later.
I do not have a sweet tooth, so anything sweet is not getting on my list of 1 fruit for the rest of my life.
I like avocado, blueberries, raspberries,cloud-berries, gooseberries, cucumber, plum, tangerine, clementine,lime, lemon, kiwi,papaya, mango and cacao- the cacao pod is technically a fruit and so is coffee berries, so unless they are in another category I'll go for coffee.
Coffee, blueberry and cloudberry is on the top of my list. They all also make excellent drinks.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was going to say watermelon but I realized that it would not make it for long. I am going to go with apples. Apples have great nutritional and health benefits. They will last longer than most fruits. It is a good choice.

Ask a Question