If you had to eat just one fruit for the rest of your life...?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I love growing stuff exotic, but as soon as I read the instructions, asking me to give the seeds 24c to 27c, I despair and say to myself, "Forget it!"
Cacao really isn't that picky as long as the temperatures don't get too cold. It's an under-canopy plant which means it can do really well under bright fluorescent lights and in my case has been.
I need to separate the plants more again. I started out with 6 plants in a pot which is now 3 pots with 2 plants each. Going to have to go to 6 pots with 1 plant so they can keep growing without interfering with each other. Just need well draining soil.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I recommend this video as it actually shows how to plant the bulb

dandy-lou

(they/them)
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Avocado! I could eat it every day. I love it on toast with eggs, in guac, or just scooped on top of rice.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Bananas or papaya. Papaya has to be good and ripe thought. Until papaya is NOT good whereas bananas can be eaten slightly green and still be good, plus when they are overripe you can still cook with them. Papaya is just useless mush when overripe. But oh so yummy when you get it at the sweet spot!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Bananas or papaya. Papaya has to be good and ripe thought. Until papaya is NOT good whereas bananas can be eaten slightly green and still be good, plus when they are overripe you can still cook with them. Papaya is just useless mush when overripe. But oh so yummy when you get it at the sweet spot!
And bananas have such a variety of flavors. The apple banana (manzanita) is a particular favorite. Whereas plantains can almost substitute potato in some cases and have such a range of flavor all by themselves. So, an excellent choice

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
Can't be done only one fruit the rest of your life you would soon be borewd to death and then wouldn't even eat that.

Apples and other things can only be fixed so many ways so I doubt some one would even last a year with eatting only one fruit.
I know I couldn't

:D Al

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Can't be done only one fruit the rest of your life you would soon be borewd to death and then wouldn't even eat that.

Apples and other things can only be fixed so many ways so I doubt some one would even last a year with eatting only one fruit.
I know I couldn't

Well it doesn't say that's all you can eat. Only that you can only pick one fruit. So you can still have fettuccini Alfredo, which has no fruit, or a hamburger with no pickles or tomatoes if you're counting them as fruit. Can still have greens, root vegetables, grains, etc. So breads and such have no limitations except for those with fruit inclusions.
Sadly today I don't think I had any fruit whatsoever. So nope, not bored.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It's a supposition to find out you ultimate favorite!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
And again you would soon tire of the one fruit and not eat any at all.

If you wanted to know what peoples favorte fruit was the quiston is what is your favorite fruit. Not is you could eat only one fruit the rest of your life.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
And again you would soon tire of the one fruit and not eat any at all.

If you wanted to know what peoples favorte fruit was the quiston is what is your favorite fruit. Not is you could eat only one fruit the rest of your life.

It's a supposition to find out you ultimate favorite!

And again again this is not the only FOOD you can eat, it's the only FRUIT you can eat. Also this is not necessarily your favorite. I did not pick my favorite fruit, strawberry. I picked, or did I..., Cacao due to it's usability as chocolate, hot chocolate, mole, the edible fruity pulp, and turning it into alcohol! It multitasks well. Also cacao can have a wide range of flavors depending on soil type, rain frequency, other plants,variety of cacao, and who knows what else. It's like grapes that way.

As far as getting tired of it, that is only if you are dwelling on what you can't have. I'm sure there are foods you never tire of. Or if you do tire of all food then I really feel bad for you. I could eat strawberries forever. I can also eat hamburgers for every meal of my life and be perfectly happy. My wife left for a week or so to see family. When she came back she asked what I ate while she was gone. I told her I ate hot dogs. Her reply was, "And?" My reply was, "What do you mean, and?" That's more or less all I ate and could have had them that day as well. I was busy and didn't want to cook or think too much about what I had to do for food. I think I may have had a fast food burger too but who knows...

The question, on purpose or not, really is a psychological question. Will you pick your favorite or are you more calculating? Do you give a surface answer or do you think about the ramifications?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
Still the title say, ONE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

We are only talking about fruit I would suppose according to the title.

Now for me I would have to endure one fruit for 28 more years if I were to live to be 100.
I bet some of you would have to edure eatting only one fruit for 70 plus years AKA till the end of your life.

The title does not imply you can have steak and potatoes, Shrimp scampi, alfredoi chicken in a sause or any thing else.

You all want to skirt the issue of enduring only eatting one fruit forever or your life time.

Variety is the spice of life, Again if you could only eat one fruit for the rest of your life, you would soon tire of it and not eat the fruit you picked.

Again asking what your favorite fruit is would have been the best choice for a title if that was what the OP ment to ask.

So keep throwing out you junk about how wrong I am. In the mean time start today with just one fruit and see how many months it is the only fruit you eat.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The title does not imply you can have steak and potatoes, Shrimp scampi, alfredoi chicken in a sause or any thing else.

Do you only read the title when you are answering a thread?

Let's reread the first two sentences of the original post.

Whatever the reason, if there was only one fruit that would be available to you, in an unlimited quantity, what would it be? This is not saying that it is your only food source, so your choice doesn't necessarily have to take into account nutrition.

So keep throwing out you junk about how wrong I am.

Now, who is talking junk? :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
"if there was only one fruit that would be available to you, in an unlimited quantity, what would it be."

Again I say you will soon get sick of that one fruit PDQ. u\Unless your stranded on a island and food is limited you would for sake the fruit.

Ask a Question