Ideas for decorating flower pots

Reaction score
This is an interesting idea. I guess if you have a bag of old thrift shop costume jewelry or some broken old fake necklaces, you could decorate an indoor plant pot with them.

715ac9d0be4b2ecdac332180ce181a9f.jpg

Reaction score
Okay, Claudine and Maddie, here are some creative pots for you:

Embellished-Flower-Pots3.jpg

mothersday4.jpg

Flower-pot-craft-112.jpg

1305133671_198910988_1-Pictures-of--Hand-painted-Flower-Clay-Pots.jpg

I like the one with the family photo on it for an indoor plant. It's a combination plant pot/photo frame. Even though the one with the chickens isn't my style, I think the design on it is really cute.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I like the one with the family photo on it for an indoor plant. It's a combination plant pot/photo frame. Even though the one with the chickens isn't my style, I think the design on it is really cute.

The one with the chickens isn't my style either, but I thought it was a neat idea. It could be cute on the window sill of someone using country kitchen decor.

That one you posted is a good way to reuse a bunch of old stuff. It looks like Mardi Gras with all those various trinkets, lol. It actually reminds me of a sculpture of a rocking horse at the Ogden Museum.

Reaction score
Those pictures above do look good..But, I am not sure if I would do so much on my pots.. I don't want to get into something that is labor intensive,.. some simple stuff that is easy to make and will wear well is what I would go for.,..

Reaction score
That one you posted is a good way to reuse a bunch of old stuff. It looks like Mardi Gras with all those various trinkets, lol. It actually reminds me of a sculpture of a rocking horse at the Ogden Museum.

I could see reusing a lot of old things this way, like old board game pieces, jax, marbles, Lego blocks, nails and screws, basically anything you have a lot of lying around. You can have a unique, custom plant pot instead of throwing everything in a landfill. I was looking at what I have lying around and I think I can make a couple of pots with cinnamon sticks or Barbie shoes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
...some simple stuff that is easy to make and will wear well is what I would go for.,..

I could see reusing a lot of old things this way... I was looking at what I have lying around and I think I can make a couple of pots with cinnamon sticks or Barbie shoes.

I would use the Barbie shoes for jewelry :)

I think it's best to make a decorative planter that you can sit the plain flower pot inside of. Then when it's time to repot, you just put a new plant in the smaller pot and reuse the decorative planter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This is the first time when I hear about adding food color to cut flowers. It's quite unnatural but it still seems like an interesting and funny idea;)

What do you think about this flowerpot, lol:

recycled-book-planter-design.jpg

Reaction score
This is the first time when I hear about adding food color to cut flowers. It's quite unnatural but it still seems like an interesting and funny idea;)

recycled-book-planter-design.jpg

It's a unique pot, but I wonder how durable it would be. It seems like the pages would rot from moisture unless it's one of those fake wooden books that people use to hide valuables in.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I think maybe there is a regular flowerpot hidden in this book.

Here is a lovely flowerpot decorated with beans and noodles:p :

Dekoracje_z_makaronu_600x0_rozmiar-niestandardowy.jpg

Reaction score
0271c8f9aec9801bdff8847edd95fae6.jpg

The planter with beans and noodles is cute, Claudine but I think I just found my favorite planter decoration ever. Check this out. You decorate the planter with photos of loved ones and the plants become their hair. I love. :)

72d6f1f2d49629f1af6d464ba8a5d8ab.jpg

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
The wallpaper wrapped container has given me some ideas. I will have to go to Lowes to get some paper. Last summer a neighbor was throwing out some containers I picked them up for my use, they are a little dirty but good. Now I know what I want to cover them with. I wanted more than paint on the containers. I want people to ask me how did you do that when they first see the containers. Thanks for the ideas.

Reaction score
The wallpaper wrapped container has given me some ideas. I will have to go to Lowes to get some paper. Last summer a neighbor was throwing out some containers I picked them up for my use, they are a little dirty but good. Now I know what I want to cover them with. I wanted more than paint on the containers. I want people to ask me how did you do that when they first see the containers. Thanks for the ideas.
Way to go Pat. I love the wall paper idea too. I found some old, soiled lace which I used instead of wall paper to give the same effect. I spray painted the container with black and copper and my pot looks like a relic from the past. But the only problem is I am allergic to paint and ended up being in bed for the next few days. LOL :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States

Claudine commercial florists change the color of blooms all the time; it's a very common practice, though you're right, the effect is usually quite unnatural.

The book as planter idea isn't very practical. Moisture is detrimental to books so the only way this would be worthwhile would be if it were actually a ceramic planter disguised as a book.

The pot with the pasta, bean and seed mosaic is interesting, but also not very practical. I think it would be neat though to have one that was made of materials that you could plant and grow something from.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States

These have to be two of the cutest things ever! Eat your heart out Chia Pet, lol! I love these, they would make such hilarious conversation pieces! I may do this for my mom with photos of the nieces and nephews. Too funny!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
ACSAPA, these flowerpots look really funny:D

If I had to choose my favorite flower pot decoration ever, this probably would be my choice:

swetrowadonica.jpg

Ask a Question