Gift ideas?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everybody! I am here without a clue what to get to my lil boy! He'll be 6 on Saturday and he has many toys and lots of clothes too. Find an interesting thing here [link removed] (Macrobot ), but I'm not sure... Do you have any children? What do you get them? Any ideas from you? Thanx in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gardening Girl

This is my garden several years back.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I never had any children, but I think a gardening set would be nice. Get him a nice indoor setup where he can plant something from seed and watch it grow. Or, get him something to plant in a container or your garden outside. A nice set of children's gardening tools would work. Give him something to get interested in where his food comes from and how it grows.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Books! Books he can read, books you can read to him, and books that will stimulate his imagination. A book is a gift you can open again and again.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
marlingardener's got it absolutely right! (y) Giving him books, reading to him, and teaching him to love to read is one of the best things you can do for him! :love:

It teaches creativity, empathy, and problem solving. It will expand his vocabulary, improve his writing skills, and make school easier. Reading improves memory, focus, and concentration. Loving to read is loving to learn! :geek: :cool:

I recommend any (and all :D) of Roald Dahl's children's books.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
What does he like - and what do you think he's missing in life? Nothing materialistic as this has been the problem for all the troubles in the world. What do you think that is? What will make him WHOLE?

Ask a Question