I dont have much experience with landscape and i am designing my own backyard. I have this backyard that is located in Sacramento. The soil is clay and relatively flat in the middle and slope of about 12' wide along the fences. This is a new development house and drainage was placed by the builder around the house (horseshoe) with 4" corrugated pipe, the layout of the house and a preliminary design is attached. I have also designed the sprinkler system for the lawn as shown. I need some help to determine the following:
- Do i have enough sprinkler to cover the lawn area and dont have dry spot? sprinklers radius is 16', total area is approx. 1500 sqft
- Should i use rotors or sprinklers and what is the recommended type?
- do i need to add topsoil under the lawn?if so how many inches do i need?
- do i need drainage in the Lawn area? how many?
- do i need to add drainage at the bottom of the slopes? the slopes will be covered with 50/50 soil and cover with bark and will be for planting (shrubs and flowers)
- what is the slope that i should use for lawn?
- do i need to add drainage in the playground area (covered with bark)?
- what is the recommended type of drainage pipe to use? corrugated or PVC(styrene)?
- I will use drip system for the planting areas around the slopes, can i run one or two tubes for the whole area or do i need more?
- Any ideas about the type of trees, shrubs, flowers to use in the planting area will be helpful.
40.8 KB Views: 169
75.1 KB Views: 168
32.8 KB Views: 164