I wanna go outside!

j.w

Reaction score
Wow here we can't even put tomatoes out till like May 15th. You are way ahead of lots of peeps addy. They look good and healthy.

That's funny sissy...........the sun and rain teasing you like that!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks tmann, not as neat as yours are. But it does the job. I was out looking at it today, all my lettuce and spinach seeds are popping up.

Reaction score
I don't know Addy that can be one big garden and it is easy to till with your tractor, mine is PITA to till (all by hand) and not all that easy with the raised beds.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Good points tmann, I do go in with the tractor, toss the dirt around, turn it over. Wish we had a tiller for the tractor, but pretty expensive to buy one. Hubby got his dad's old tiller running, put on a new motor, so he tilled it for me this year too.

Even used the tractor to dump a load of dirt on a underground wasp nest that stung the heck out of me. The suckers built one right next to my tomatoes, found out when they swarmed me. Wipe out one tomato plant but wiped out the wasps too

We have a area of around 100 feet x 15 or so we just turned over, tilled, going to put in corn. Maybe this year we will have the rain to get it to grow well. The last few years it died due to lack of water.

j.w

Reaction score
Tilling....... reminds me of a scene I saw a couple weeks ago while walking in a neighborhood not far from us. These two guys were in a nice new looking pickup truck w/ plenty of power and they were driving around doing donut holes and going crazy tilling up this big huge garden that way. It was nuts, dirt was flying everywhere and they gave me a wave as I stood and laughed! They looked like they had had a few drinks and they were yelling their heads off! The next day I came back and the whole garden was all nice and raked out and looked liked someone had tilled the whole things perfectly,lol!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
They look great! Looking forward to seeing how they come along :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
625 feet of corn put in today, rain coming! yippee this storm does not look like it will miss us! My sis came out for her birthday and helped us. The rain will get the corn going.

DSC03247.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Nice photo! I hope your corn has a nice long drink :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We also planted beans and peas along with the corn kernels, old farmers say those plants put good nitrogen back into the soil for the corn. They also use the corn to grow up on. Just hope we get some rain this summer so it does not all die again.

Ask a Question