I guess I should introduce myself...

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm Melissa. I like to have houseplants. After a breakup from an ex who despised plants in the house, I've made it my mission to fill my home with plants like my grandmother used to do. I was raised by her with houseplants galore! I typically rent in areas that I can't garden and container gardening has become a thing for me. I learned a lot from her and am still learning as I go. I also crochet!

Reaction score
Hi Melissa! Welcome to the forum! It's nice to see you are making the most out of this situation :) I love always wanted a house full of pants, but my mom never really liked them. So, now that I am moving out to a new place with my soon to be husband, everything looks more exciting because he does seem to like plants :) Anyways, I just wanted to welcome you to our forum, hope you have a great time here :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Welcome Melissa. Congrats on finding a husband that embraces your green babies. And Welcome. Not a house plant person myself, have a few, and keep it minimum. My garden fix is all the gardens outside I have to tend to year round, except when there is snow.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I'm Melissa. I like to have houseplants. After a breakup from an ex who despised plants in the house, I've made it my mission to fill my home with plants like my grandmother used to do. I was raised by her with houseplants galore! I typically rent in areas that I can't garden and container gardening has become a thing for me. I learned a lot from her and am still learning as I go. I also crochet!
Go for it Melissa. You're obviously making it your home and I'm sure it will be lovely:). I do have a few house plants. I struggle a bit, or maybe they struggle a bit. Had a lovely rubber plant in my lounge room which I was told thrived on neglect. I watered it once a week and wiped the leaves down as I was instructed but leaves started falling off. It had two trunks(not sure what you call them when they're not trees) and one died off completely. It is now outside in a covered area on my verandah, I think I'm going to call this area my "Convalescing Room". I've put a few plants there when I that have been ailing and have come good so it must be a good spot. I do have a "Waiting Room" where I put plants waiting to be planted....bit of a medical theme going on, my mum was a nurse and my dad a doctor so maybe it's subliminal:ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Hi Melissa! Welcome to the forum! It's nice to see you are making the most out of this situation :) I love always wanted a house full of pants, but my mom never really liked them. So, now that I am moving out to a new place with my soon to be husband, everything looks more exciting because he does seem to like plants :) Anyways, I just wanted to welcome you to our forum, hope you have a great time here :)
CongratulationsTrellum...a new hubby who like plants, lovely combo(y)

Ask a Question