How to upload photos to the site

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Dear @Ian, I never did thank you for being so efficient the other day when I had an issue uploading my camera pic to this form. In a wink of an eye you fixed it perfect. Just a magic person you are. I heralded your talents on another forum telling them how you fixed that issue quickly and that some communication about your wizardy.
was necessary. Thus I sent @zig to extrapolate the secret so the other forum could rise to the occasion, but alas it could not. Be it as it may Zig believes I owe you a drink, ahh, so , when the moon is in the right orbit and we are on the right side of the pond your mere drink you shall have for it is indeed an insult to the masterfully achievement you maintain daily.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It will handle the image types - I'd strongly suggesting using JPG, GIF or PNG though (JPG for photos). It can also do .zip files and a few others for more generic attachments :).
Clever, Ian!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Great! I never had problems with uploading photos! It's really easy to do it here! It works on my phone too which is really helpful! Thank you Staff!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Agree with CrazyC: The site has a lot of intelligent features..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I run into random upload file size too large errors. Its all mobile android. Sometimes s reenshots upload in one thread, then not in another. Photos also. Is 1.25meg too big?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
This happened to me before, about 7 times. Now I have to use snip tool to trim even a newspaper photo.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I use the edge browser snipping tool or the snipping app my son downloaded for me. Sometimes they can be temperamental.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I use the edge browser snipping tool or the snipping app my son downloaded for me. Sometimes they can be temperamental.
It keeps you from having some outside connection though. And these days, the less odd all connects you have the better your security is. I do not want random sites rummaging around my phone while spouting eula's that I am not going to read.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It keeps you from having some outside connection though. And these days, the less odd all connects you have the better your security is. I do not want random sites rummaging around my phone while spouting eula's that I am not going to read.

Hahaha! Best is not to give intimate details .. such as your beloved is an artistic Becky! Even the clever man who invented and created Silk Road got caught because he made a long video on social media .. A tiny bit of truth can open a flood gate and now I can appreciate why my son was angry when Apple tracked where he was yesterday. Social media and tracking apps are doing all of us a disfavour. But we happily share with these platforms our secrets and Farmer Gracy tracked all my objets de désire!

When are you going to upload a happy a-deux avatar with your beloved Becky and @zigs with his beloved @Tetters? ! That would be fun!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I run into random upload file size too large errors. Its all mobile android. Sometimes s reenshots upload in one thread, then not in another. Photos also. Is 1.25meg too big?

1.25MB should upload no problem. I've just uploaded a much larger one and it worked ok, so I'm a bit puzzled. What file extension was it please? If I send you my e-mail address would you mind sending it via e-mail and then I can test from this end and see what is happening :).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States

This is the file. A 20 year tracking of an eagle flightpath I was trying to load into the garden animals thread but it would not load. It reported file too large.

Because it loaded here this morning, I went back and tried again on the animals in the garden thread and it loaded! I guess that rejection is being caused by some rate limit issues or something external site factors such as isp bandwith limits or things equally esoteric.

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've done some work on image uploading this morning and I think I may have found what could be causing errors for some people (I've sent out PMs to a few members that often use PNG files with a bit more info).

If you have problems uploading files, it could be that it has a .PNG extension - which isn't really suited for photos and online images, as they're comparatively large in filesize and more difficult for the server to compress/process. .JPG files are much smaller in filesize and generally better quality (a win-win!), plus the server can handle these very easily. If you've got the option to save as either format, it would be a huge help to save as a .JPG as it uses so much less server space and shouldn't fail unless the image is gigantic.

Ask a Question