Uploading videos from our computer

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I would be very happy if there is a provision made to upload videos from our own collection rather than having to go to youtube, etc.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I would be very happy if there is a provision made to upload videos from our own collection rather than having to go to youtube, etc.

I'd like that too :D. However, it's extremely difficult to have direct video uploads at the moment - partly because it's technically difficult and beyond the scope of the forum software to manage that side of things, but also videos are often huge in size, which would mean that we'd need a much bigger server (which is extremely expensive).

I'm hoping that there will be a way to offload video uploading to another site, but from within the forum software. For now, YouTube seems like the best option (and then the link pasted in to automatically appear in a post).

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I'd like that too :D. However, it's extremely difficult to have direct video uploads at the moment - partly because it's technically difficult and beyond the scope of the forum software to manage that side of things, but also videos are often huge in size, which would mean that we'd need a much bigger server (which is extremely expensive).

I'm hoping that there will be a way to offload video uploading to another site, but from within the forum software. For now, YouTube seems like the best option (and then the link pasted in to automatically appear in a post).
Thanks for the clarification. I understand.

Ask a Question