How to upload photos to the site

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It looks like Apple devices save as PNGs by default, so perhaps that's why we're seeing them on the site. In that case it isn't really practical to convert the files before uploading on a tablet/phone, so I'll see if there's anything I can do from the server end to convert them during upload.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It's been a couple of years and a big software upgrade since this topic, so hopefully the forum upgrade in that time has improved the ability to post photos on the forum from mobile devices. Give it a whirl @Esther Knapicius and we'll see how it goes :). The attach files button under the post editor should work on mobile devices and open up a way to browse the phone gallery to upload photos. If you run in to problems, I'll try on my phone tomorrow and post a screenshot :).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
It's been a couple of years and a big software upgrade since this topic, so hopefully the forum upgrade in that time has improved the ability to post photos on the forum from mobile devices. Give it a whirl @Esther Knapicius and we'll see how it goes :). The attach files button under the post editor should work on mobile devices and open up a way to browse the phone gallery to upload photos. If you run in to problems, I'll try on my phone tomorrow and post a screenshot :).
thanks, need to get on the road soon, but will give it a try later.

Ask a Question