How do I correct a poorly begun peach tree?

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
No, keep everything off of the root flare. With organic fertilizer you just sprinkle it around on top of the soil out to the dripline of the tree and water it in. What is the name and NPK of the fertilizer you used?
Sorry, then I misunderstood. What I used was I guess local brand natural fertilizer, which I suppose is just the dried manure (no NPK printed). I don’t know about the organic fertilizer. I know there is chemical fertilizer available, but I wouldn’t want to use that. Would I apply the manure the same way?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Sorry, then I misunderstood. What I used was I guess local brand natural fertilizer, which I suppose is just the dried manure (no NPK printed). I don’t know about the organic fertilizer. I know there is chemical fertilizer available, but I wouldn’t want to use that. Would I apply the manure the same way?
Without knowing what it is it is difficult to say. Is it poultry manure or horse or cow? With most manures you just apply a layer around and out to the drip line maybe about an inch deep but, don't put it on top of the root flare. It won't burn the root flare but in time will cover it up. The big root flare roots are not feeder roots. The flare roots are what the feeder roots are attached to. Feeder roots are small, tiny, and are found slightly below the soil surface and downward. Straight dried manures are fairly mild except for chicken manure which is a little hotter but by watering in the layer of manure it dilutes it and stops it from burning the feeder roots. Feeder roots extend out to the drip line and maybe a little further. On your tree, I would layer the manure in a radius of about 2 feet.

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Without knowing what it is it is difficult to say. Is it poultry manure or horse or cow? With most manures you just apply a layer around and out to the drip line maybe about an inch deep but, don't put it on top of the root flare. It won't burn the root flare but in time will cover it up. The big root flare roots are not feeder roots. The flare roots are what the feeder roots are attached to. Feeder roots are small, tiny, and are found slightly below the soil surface and downward. Straight dried manures are fairly mild except for chicken manure which is a little hotter but by watering in the layer of manure it dilutes it and stops it from burning the feeder roots. Feeder roots extend out to the drip line and maybe a little further. On your tree, I would layer the manure in a radius of about 2 feet.
Ok Chuck, thanks for your time, knowledge and patience. Hopefully I’ll be able to report a healthier tree after some time. (Although I always assumed it was cow manure, I don’t really know as it’s not written on the bag.)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Ok Chuck, thanks for your time, knowledge and patience. Hopefully I’ll be able to report a healthier tree after some time. (Although I always assumed it was cow manure, I don’t really know as it’s not written on the bag.)
If it cow or horse manure they are about the same NPK but the horse has a slightly higher nitrogen content.

Ask a Question