Looking for the correct plant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for a good plant that stops in its colour all year round.If it flowers in the summer then that would be a bonus.The plant will be in the sun all day and in well drained ground.I have mostly hydrangers in my garden but i do not think they are suitable for this area due to the direct sun.Thank you for your time.

Mick Toon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I guess you mean evergreen Michael :)
How about lavendar? A group of them, say 3 or 5. Evergreen aromatic foliage and superb flowers in summer.
For something bigger check out choisyas......glossy, aromatic evergreen with highly scented white flowers in spring and early summer.
Convolvulous cneorum loves the sun.....silver velvety foliage and white flowers in summer
Abelias too, esp one called Confettii. Foliage is silver green and white flowers in autumn.
Euryops pectinatus is a dark green perennial with bright yellow flowers on and off all year.....nice complement to lavendar
Santolinas too are worth thinking about....if trimmed annually they make silver grey domes of scented foliage
No doubt others will add to this list but hope this helps Michael :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I like Verdun's choices and Choisya would be perfect for you I think - growing a little larger than Hydrangea's.

Choisya 'Sundance' lighting up a shady area of my previous garden. :)
Choisya 'Sundance' (1).JPG

Ask a Question