Hi from Deb

I have planted 3 purple smoke bushes about 3 meters apart and was wondering if that's too close. I

• does any one have any ideas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Icons this very confusing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
not sure what I'm doing here. Third attempt, maybe I'm in now. I have been gardening rather fanatically for about 4 years and I'm 63...I guess I should have called myself Late Bloomer!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Welcome Deborah, I did some googling searching and I think 5 meters may have been better, but of course that may be when full grown

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Thanks. Have googled instructions to move smoke bush and need to wait till Spring so I have time to decide.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum, Deborah! If you ever have difficulty navigating your way around the forum please let me know :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Thanks Becky. I am a little confused I must admit. when first setting up I had to put in 2 comments and did not know what that meant. Is it possible to go back in and change them. I think I was meant to say something about myself or my garden. Deb

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Hi Everyone. What a lovely friendly crowd. I read a gardening article a little while ago which said gardeners are very sharing people. I do have a pressing question to ask. It is the end of the lasso fruit season here, mid Autumn, and I have lots of green passion fruit that won,t ripen now. Does anyone know any ticks of the trade. Deb

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Becky. I am a little confused I must admit. when first setting up I had to put in 2 comments and did not know what that meant. Is it possible to go back in and change them. I think I was meant to say something about myself or my garden. Deb

You have added a poll to your first post - would you like me to delete it for you?

When you click on 'Post New Thread' it takes you to a page where you can create a new topic - the thin white text box at the top is for the topic title, and the larger white box underneath is for the text of your post. Once you're done, you click on the green 'Create Thread' button underneath the text box to create your thread. If you want to add a poll to your thread, then you fill in the section at the bottom of the page where it says 'Post a poll... Question... Possible responses etc'.

Hope this helps!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Welcome Deborah! If you've just planted the smoke bushes, I would go ahead and move them now - though carefully - before the roots start to spread in the soil. Once they take hold, and the bushes get larger, it will more difficult to relocate them and you'll risk more damage.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, and don't worry age doesn't matter :) It doesn't matter if you think you started a little late with gardening, what really matters is the fact you started ;) Wish my mom did the same actually, but I guess some people will never like gardening.

Ask a Question