Brexit Passport debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Brexit is about to happen wither we like it or not we are about to semi annex ourselves from the rest of Europe in this poorly thought out debarkle....but thats democracy :)
What I'm bemused at is the new passport contract, which has been awarded to a Franco Dutch company (Gemalto) and worth (wait for it) £4.9 million....The existing british based company lost out to a European rival..yet we want to leave...Jobs will be lost for sure...so I dont see the reasoning behind such a move...surely we can atleast produce our own passports....discuss...

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The vocal, militant liberals have taken over. My heart sinks every time I hear a company - big chain store - go under. ToyRus, Prezzo (part), Maplin ..Imagine how many people lose their jobs, their self-esteem, and how about their mortgages, car payments.. Yet some lunatics IN THE GOVERNMENT have to hand the contract to the French ..

Soon whoever making the loudest noise will be ruling..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
My sentiments exactly @alp although I dont generally do politics on forum boards, this really did get to me..what were they thinking...put under the banner of cost and security, surely putting folks out of work, loss in taxes and more burden on the dole queues less spending power and redundancy packages and impact costs on self esteem and mental health have to come into this thought process not just the fast saving in sterling...Some folks need to waken up and show their worth...

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
BigC - There are some elitist subversive elements in government who are clueless, brainless, lacking of empathy. They think they punch a hole in the all, money will come out. I don't like the Daily Mail, but I signed up for petition.

This is how this country goes down the drain. Money can be had from Facebook, Google, George Osborne went to watch Bowls on Google hospitality. They should hit these transnational with FINES, rather than INVITING them to a televised chat! As they can't get the money into the coffres, they hit others, motorists, woman who tried to dislodge stones in her shoes... Look at how the German and French hit these transnationals. A lot of rich and not-streetwise Oxbridge graduates have ruined this country.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Very well said @alp..I wholeheartedly agree

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
The problem with this country is that we play cricket.
There are rules in cricket, which we follow, (the Australians ignore some of them them and so do some nationals of Asian countries).
The EU has rules and we've been doggedly adhering to them as we do in cricket, where in France and Germany, "they fit where they touch."
What really annoyed me were the words of that multimillionaire Cameron, who urged Teresa to maintain his "legacy," the commitment to continue to shell out billions of our money, not his, in foreign aid to countries some of whom have corrupt governments and many of the populations either hate us or want to creep into our country and live off the state.
In the meantime there are people who were born in this country, paid tax and N.I. for forty years and can't get a bed in a hospital for urgent medical treatment.

Time to put Britain first!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Exactly, Sean. We adhere to international laws whilst the French, German and Italian and Spanish do it their own way. That's why bully boy Juncker calls us the MODEL PUPIL; and look what it gets us. Paying into the EU and bullied all the way, especially Merkel who is especially nasty as we are subsidising her to call shots all over the EU! Another thing annoyed me is the royal family. There is nothing royal about them. A bunch of deluded scroungers and yet their grip on the media is stifling sensible debates.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry guys, but I really don't feel that a political debate has any place on a gardening forum. There are always strong opinions, someone always ends up taking offence, it never plays out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nethacott

Latest Threads