Herbs in a tin can

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's such a neat and convenient idea! Love it :) I'm going to have to seek this out though and see about trying it out myself.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Years ago I grew a sweet potato in a glass jar of water.You suspend the potato a little above the water and the roots grow down into the jar.
I used it as a vine creeper to cover a sunny window.
I think you can use this method to sprout avocado seed before planting in the ground.
images

That looks awesome! what a great idea! I think I will have to try this!

Reaction score
So far I have only seen tulips in a can ;) They worked great, but I have no idea about those herbs in a can. They sound like a super practical and nice way to get herbs fast!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'd love to see tulips in a can! It's such a cute idea to grow them like this. Tulips are beautiful plants:)
As for herbs, they spread fast, so I prefer to grow them in big flower pots.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
What we have here are herbs that are in decorative plastic pots. It is mostly mint because that herb is prolific and easy to care for not to mention that it doesn't grow much. And if it grows, the long stems would be like vines that would crawl outside the plastic pot. And it is cheap that's why it is a hot item in the supermarket. But the latest craze is Aishitaba tea that is actually not a herb (in my opinion).

Ask a Question