Help! Lemon tree has bugs eating leafs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
i think they're caterpillars but I'm not sure I knocked them off the tree because they are a lot of the foliage in my small lemon tree. What can I do? This is what they look like. The somewhat yellowish thing.

Attachments

• IMG_0394.JPG
    IMG_0394.JPG
    290.8 KB · Views: 281
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I lied I found a macro lense in had lol. Now this should be easy to identify since you can't get any better than this sorry for so many pictures

Attachments

• IMG_0420.JPG
    IMG_0420.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 283
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
That is the caterpillar of the Giant Swallowtail Butterfly. If you must spray the tree with Bt.
Yes my little tree can't handle it. They've taken out so many leaves already and it's just this size tree. What is by. Will they survive if I move them to a bush instead of my tree?

Attachments

• IMG_0424.JPG
    IMG_0424.JPG
    373.2 KB · Views: 237
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yes my little tree can't handle it. They've taken out so many leaves already and it's just this size tree. What is by. Will they survive if I move them to a bush instead of my tree?
It is very doubtful that they will survive but go ahead and try.
How are you going to keep your tree alive this winter? It will freeze at 28F.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Try to find their eggs(tiny green ball like mustard seed), bird poop caterpillar will eat young leaves they wouldn't kill the plant, they are very selective what they eat, mostly citrus plants.

They mould into large green caterpillar after well fed, later change into butterfly.

They remain on surface(for warm, sunlight) easy to detect, remove them if you want, sometimes roll up leaves to protect itself.

Ask a Question