Hello fellow gardeners

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Ceecee. I have a small garden near the coast---and it was just battered by Hurricane Sandy. The shrubs and perennials are still in tact, and it was time to clear out the annuals anyway. We did lose a large pear tree to the storm. I have done volunteer work in a family owned greenhouse and worked on a community gardening project. I also take care of several small gardens for absentee neighbors in our small town.

Jed

Reaction score
Hi Ceecee. Welcome to the forum.:)
What a shame about the pear tree. Was it an old one? They can be quite ancient trees and you certainly notice when they're removed.

Reaction score
Welcome Ceecee, I'm a new member here too. I'm sorry to hear about your garden but it's good to know you're okay. I live far inland and so I never personally have to worry about hurricanes, I only see the destruction on the news.

Reaction score
Jed, the tree was, I'm guessing, about thirty years old. It looks so odd to see the front of the house with no foliage there. I would like to plant another tree in the Spring, but one that won't get too big. I'm hoping someone here will have some suggestions as I know little about trees. I would love a flowering tree. Since we are about ten blocks from the ocean, the salt air isn't usually a problem.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums Ceecee :) Sorry to hear about the damage caused by the storm but glad you are ok!

Ask a Question