Hello from West Oxon (UK)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 7/RHS H5
Country
United Kingdom
I'd better introduce myself.

Having 'known' the Zigster online on another forum for several years he's talked me into joining you guys here :LOL:

Being so far from the sea it can get rather cold here so naturally I'm drawn to growing tender exotics. I also collect Salvia - I currently have about fifty (mostly species) and over the years I've grown (and lost or moved on from) about another hundred species. Over the last couple of years I've started up a collection of cacti and succulents. Plus anything else that is a bit unusual or rare.

Wherever possible I like to grow from seed.

A few favourites from over the years;

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Glad you could make it Lonk :)

Quite like cacti myself (Tetters hates them mind :giggle:)

Just had our first cacti seeds germinate :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Being so far from the sea it can get rather cold here so naturally I'm drawn to growing tender exotics

Haha! :LOL:

Thanks so much for sharing the photos with us, looks like you've had a very interesting assortment over the years. Where do you grow them - do you have a greenhouse or are they indoors?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 7/RHS H5
Country
United Kingdom
Oops, sorry! It's a shame you've lost it though.
Why be sorry? It looks like an Iris, it's closely related but the taxonomists see it differently. Losing it proves the old adage of never putting all your eggs in one basket - my fault.

Thanks so much for sharing the photos with us, looks like you've had a very interesting assortment over the years. Where do you grow them - do you have a greenhouse or are they indoors?
Outdoors, greenhouse, the house, wherever suits them best,

Ask a Question