Hello from Vancouver Island off the West Coast of British Columbia, Canada

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
Canada
Hi, I'm so happy to have found this gardening forum-- I'm sure I will learn a lot and be inspired in the process! I am a very disorganized gardener, a "mixed" gardener I guess you might say. I like so many growing things that I want to bring them all into my yard, and lots of them! My garden is a mess of perennial flowers, blooming bushes, crocuses growing in the grass, an apple tree that bears its fruit early and then just stands around looking unsure of itself, blueberries, raspberries, saskatoons, three square-foot gardens and a clutter of containers, some with herbs in them, some with weeds, beans stretched up high and squat, and drifts of lavender. I have a lot of other plants too. I love them all, but I truly need help in growing a garden that my neighbours will be able to point to and say, "We knew the old lady had it in her! Look!"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
:)A warm welcome to you blazeC! Your post really made me laugh and i thought "hey, she is describing my garden" which may be a mess, but i love it. I am sure i would enjoy your garden as well. There is a lovely mix of seasoned gardeners and new gardeners, and international gardeners here. There are some remarkably creative gardeners and knowledgeable gardeners and experimental gardeners all sharing experiences, ideas, and information in a kind and friendly and inclusive manner. I don't think there has been a day when i have not learned something new or not been inspired by some new idea.

Reaction score
Hi there :I Welcome to the forum! You have come to the right place if you are looking for inspiration or advice or both for your gardening project! We have a very helpful and friendly community, so don't hesitate to make questions or share the pictures of your garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
Canada
Thank you! We have been away doing "Grandparent Duty" for a while (love it!) but I am back and so very eager to get digging out in the garden! It is a little damp today, but the sun is threatening to shine and all is well! I look forward to more interaction with this delightful gardening forum!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
Canada
:)A warm welcome to you blazeC! Your post really made me laugh and i thought "hey, she is describing my garden" which may be a mess, but i love it. I am sure i would enjoy your garden as well. There is a lovely mix of seasoned gardeners and new gardeners, and international gardeners here. There are some remarkably creative gardeners and knowledgeable gardeners and experimental gardeners all sharing experiences, ideas, and information in a kind and friendly and inclusive manner. I don't think there has been a day when i have not learned something new or not been inspired by some new idea.
Oh, you are a 'kindred spirit' Beverly, I do look forward to more exchanges with you! I just came back from Edmonton (where our grandbabies reside) with seeds from my masterful gardener-daughter-in-law and a bunch of ideas from the Seedy Sunday that we attended there (and more seeds too, of course). It is damp today, but with any luck the weather will warm up and the ground will dry out over the course of the coming week. All the best to you!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Welcome back @blazeC, i'll look forward to chatting with you on the forums. It seems like every day there are new members. And there are indeed so many delightful and informative conversations going on. I am beginning to realize that there is something special about GF, a wonderful sort of positive energy and sharing that takes place here, more so than at other forums i've visited. And definitely it is not the number of members a site has but the number of active and engaged participants. Uh, how many grandbabies exactly, less than a dozen i hope :eek:

Ask a Question