Hello, fellow gardeners!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I'm a newbie gardener from the Philippines. I am currently growing my plants in pots at our balcony at home. I took interest in gardening a few months ago while I was staying at my brother's place. They have portulaca there, one of my favorite plants, which I plucked and took with me to my new place. When the flowers started blooming, that's when I've decided to start gardening and made it my hobby
icon_biggrin.gif

Glad to be here and interact with fellow gardeners also to know more about taking care of plants, especially the potted ones.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
:)A warm welcome to you. This is a friendly and lively site with creative and knowledgeable people and newbies all coming together to share ideas, experiences, and information...the perfect place for a newbie. so enjoy. I look forward to seeing the plants you add to your garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums Rrrrraine. There are a number of members that like yourself garden on a balcony and no doubt you will be able to swap ideas with them and other members along the way. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Rrrrraine & I Hope you find this place a great Stop off before and after you pop out to your Balcony Garden. Have fun(y)

Reaction score
Hi there! Welcome to the forum! I loved the story you told us about how your love for gardening started, thanks for sharing :) I did that a lot with other plants when I was little, once I did the same exact thing with a calla lily ;) It was from a neighbor :p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Thanks @Trellum! I guess most of us go through that phase hahaha :p I never thought I could grow anything since I don't think I have a green thumb at all. I'm just glad I tried and now I'm enjoying my plants, watching them grow while applying the things I learned here (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4ish so they say..?
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum from the sunny UK... maybe not, anyway, was In the philippines in February and you have so many beautiful flowers there like below.
SKU0169.jpg

Ask a Question