Good gardening tools

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gold leaf soft touch garden gloves, soft enough to weed, tough enough for just about any thorn.

When looking at small hand tools look at the way the tool and handle are joined, it is the weak spot, and not necessarily better for being dearer. An all in one pressed shape will snap where the bit that goes into the handle joins the blade. A spot weld can be okay, but not always, a solid bit of metal welded firmly to the blade can last generations. I have a small fork and trowel my father inherited from my grandfather, they must have been in continuous use for over a hundred years :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
EZ Kut Lil' G Ratchet Lopper. It's be able to cut thick, dead branches with ease. Customer service is responsive and answered my questions within a day. Plus, these loppers look fancy!

EZ Kut Handles.jpg

EZ Cut Lopper.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am on my third pair of loppers in a couple of years, I think I am a bit heavy handed. I have stopped buying the economy ones, so hopefully these will last a bit longer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Fiskars 9124 Pruners. I've put it through a lot of use over the years but it's still in good shape. It's easy to clean and only requires the occasional sharpening.

Ask a Question