Easy To Use Gardening Tools

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am not a very strong person by nature due to my small frame, so needless to say, most of the gardening tools such as tillers and such are a pain for me to use. I need something that is going to allow me to till my soil to a good consistency for planting, but is easy to use for a small person. Can anyone give me some advice on what I could use and where to purchase it for a decent price by chance? Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am not a very strong person by nature due to my small frame, so needless to say, most of the gardening tools such as tillers and such are a pain for me to use. I need something that is going to allow me to till my soil to a good consistency for planting, but is easy to use for a small person. Can anyone give me some advice on what I could use and where to purchase it for a decent price by chance? Thank you in advance.
Check out Mantis tillers

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you! I had a look around the site and immediately fell in love. I love the small size and it does look like it will still get the job done. I especially like the fact that the tiller can be purchased on Amazon as well, rather than having no choice but to go to a huge dealership where some pushy sales person is sure to talk me into buying something I do not want. I really appreciate your suggestion and am going to continue to look around the site for more tools!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thank you! I had a look around the site and immediately fell in love. I love the small size and it does look like it will still get the job done. I especially like the fact that the tiller can be purchased on Amazon as well, rather than having no choice but to go to a huge dealership where some pushy sales person is sure to talk me into buying something I do not want. I really appreciate your suggestion and am going to continue to look around the site for more tools!
Hula hoe or stirrup hoe would be something you will find to be something you cannot do without after using it

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Small rototiller does it all. I have a Honda FG110. Would not garden without it. A baby can run it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Every one of you members has given me some really great advice on tools. I think I am going to dedicate some time to looking online for all of the ones you have suggested. I cannot wait to get my list of small person friendly tools started. I was scared to death I would not be able to find any tools to use at all and would be forced to deal with bulky, hard to use ones, or worse, have someone else do it for me. Thank you so very much for your excellent input and suggestions.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am also a small size person plus disabled, so my favorite tool is a hand held shovel. If I can't the shovel to mix up the small area in my garden, then I won't garden..I just love to plant flowers and easy to grow veggies.

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
You can try diesel driven hand power tiller. Once you start the engine, it will plow your land all you have to do is give direction through the handle. The one I have is a Chinese model. I start the engine and work with the handle, and the machine moves forward plowing the land.

Ask a Question