Looking for a greenhouse that's easy to set up

David

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm new to this forum but not new to gardening. I have a small backyard and I'm looking to set up a greenhouse for cuttings and and starters. Some of you have done awesome jobs with your greenhouses but with three kids running about, I'm looking for something sturdy with a fast setup (under an hour if possible). Is there such a thing?

A friend has one of those poly tunnels and it looks like it took them weeks to set up and he said it was a pain. My step dad built one out of PVC pipes, joints, contact cement and plastic - It took him all day, possibly longer from what I remember.

Wish List
  • easy setup under an hour
  • sturdy frame for hard winters and gusty winds
  • modular or expandable (i might be reaching on this one)
Would love to get some feedback from people who know and who have lived it.

Thanks!

David

Reaction score
The only one that comes to mind is a small plastic one,if you can assemble that in an hour,good luck.

Other than that.....

If a job is worth doing, it is worth doing well,buy the most decent one to suit your budget, and worry about the time used another day.

Or you could ,just to save time and effort, throw your money out of a speeding car.

Downside of that ,no greenhouse.

David

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for replying.

After reading your reply I've actually been thinking of designing something myself and started researching materials.

Sometimes a reply like this is a good thing that gets the creative mind in gear.

I really appreciate it.

David

Ask a Question