Old gardening tools

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Does anyone have any gardening tools that were passed down to them from a family member? Perhaps grandma or grandpa? Are they cherished gems that just get displayed, or do you actually use the?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I have a very old hand shovel. It belonged to my aunt. I think about her whenever I'm using it. She loved taking care of plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Nope. All my garden tools were purchased by me recently. Unless you live in a rural area it's sometimes difficult to save let alone pass down items as things wear out or get misplaced or disposed of. City folk tend to move from time to time and not everything makes it to the new location.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I have and use a hoe used by my grandfather--it's more than 80 years old. A shovel my daddy used is still used here, and the hedge clips also. Like Claudine, I think of the hands that have used these tools every time I put my hands on them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I have a pair of pruning sheers, approximately 60 years old. I only use them for "special occasions " and am meticulous about cleaning them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
Italy
I haven't old tool... I bought one hoe last year... I'm a new aspirant farmer...

Ask a Question