Gardening tools: the ho mi

Jed

Reaction score
Has anyone used one of these garden tools? I've been thinking on buying one on-line.
It originates as a tool from Korea. It's used to dig holes for planting and transplanting bulbs and seedlings,opening and closing rows for seed planting digging weeds and thinning out plants.

The Ho Mi
HoMiShortL.jpg

Reaction score
That looks handy.

Do they do a version with a long handle? I have problems kneeling so I like to do all these kinds of jobs standing up. If they had a long handled one then I would buy it, no question.

Jed

Reaction score
Yes they do Jubbly. I checked the availability in the UK and they only have the short handle ones, what I can find. I only moments ago ordered the long handled one after reading your post about crotchety knees. Good point. I've always wanted to try one out and have been putting it off for quite sometime.

HoMiLongL.jpg

Jed

Reaction score
You buy the head only from a place in Australia. If you google gundaroo tiller Ho-Mi it will take you to their site.
I ended up ordering one yesterday. Just the long handle standard head kit as the handle you need to attach yourself.
Can't wait to try it out. My long wait is almost over.:)

Reaction score
Has anyone used one of these garden tools? I've been thinking on buying one on-line.
It originates as a tool from Korea. It's used to dig holes for planting and transplanting bulbs and seedlings,opening and closing rows for seed planting digging weeds and thinning out plants.

The Ho Mi
HoMiShortL.jpg
This is one of my favorite tools. You can get the long handled one at www.gardenshoponline.com. It isn't on their website but they have them. They have the shorter handled ones too. They really are like little hand plows.

Jed

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Great to hear someone else thinks it is a worthwhile tool. I ordered one but have never tried it out.I found a site in Australia that sells the head only which would make the long handle one easier to post.

Jed

Reaction score
Jed I would be interested in hearing how this tool has worked out for you. In the US it is also called and Ez-digger.

My wife loves it for our poly tunnel garden which has worked soil.
The poly tunnel is 66 feet long with plenty of beds to use it in so it's well used.
It's not so good in soil that is really hard and unworked frequently such as our external gardens that we leave fallow for a year.
I would still recommend it though as a great gardening tool.:)

Ask a Question