Gardening with Synthetic Chemicals - Best tools

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Ah, yes. The pleasures of chemical gardening. Suiting up in your HazMat suit and studying mixing directions under the Caution and Warning labels on your aphid killer. Keeping your pets off of your grass while your carcinogenic herbicide dries. Hoping that you didn't burn the roots of your tomato plants when you used oil based fertilizer on them yesterday. All of you organic gardeners don't know how much fun you are missing out on.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I had to give up chemical gardening because I couldn't find a Haz mat suit to go with my straw hat.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I'd suggest against using it, especially if you have pets that roam around your garden during the day. Remember, it's basically poison that you're spraying on your plants, and sure, it may repel insects and other harmful insects, but it will also be damaging if a curious cat or dog took a bite out of a plant you just sprayed with insecticides. Why not try natural methods to protect your plants? Or at least non-chemical ones? There are lots of options out there, and I firmly believe that chemical bombardment to your plants should be the last option.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Most of us have no choice but to use synthetic chemicals and they doubtlessly have their utility. I also recognise that they act faster than organic chemicals. Their rich somehow intoxicating smells enthralls one with a sense of confidence that the job is being done. But its always nice to reserve a portion to experiment with organic gardening.

Ask a Question