Gold Dust Croton Not Growing and Dropping Leaves?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello,

I bought a gold dust Croton about 3 months ago and put it in our bright filtered light room. I water it only when the top of the soil feels dry. It, through the last three months, has shown zero signs of growth (buds, leaf nodes, stems) and the leaves have been drying up and falling off. For the last two weeks and a half I have watered it a bit more frequently with a houseplant fertilizer with no change. The leaves look very healthy until they just fall off.

Could this be light? I used brand new orchid/organic potting soil when putting it into it's larger pot when I first purchased it. Any advice would be helpful!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
As an update, on May 31st I moved it to a different location with a little more filtered sun, and more humidity. No change, it it becoming quite sparse now. I am watering it a bit less frequently as well, leaves are still dropping off. This seems quite strange to me, as none of my other house plants are having problems.

Ask a Question