Can I save this golden pothos or was it a waste of money?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpg
image.jpg
I bought this Golden Pothos (or I hope it is) because it was looking really sad, and I noticed it was in really weird sandy soil (almost like succulent mix) so I thought I’d repot it and this is what the root system looks like, can this be saved? By trimming it and Putting it in water or rooting hormone or something? Or have I wasted my money?
And what sort of soil can I use to repot it? Is indoor houseplant mix ok?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It looks like you have a new root starting above the rotted part, so I would trim it to the green and repot it, trying to cover a few leaf nodes at the same time. You might get lucky!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree with Tjohn trim the dead part off, put in a glass of water and let nature take over. Its best if you can to let kitchen water sit for a few days before using, maybe use bottled water 1st. Also you should change water every few days to replenish the oxygen in the water. I work in the garden center of Lowes [know very little about plants], I find pothos cuttings all the time that have fallen off, have my dresser top covered with bottles of cuttings to try and save. I figure what the heck, if they root then awesome, if they don't then I tried, they would wind up in trash can anyways.

Ask a Question