Germinating Fir Tree seeds Help

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have recently purchased some fir tree seeds. (Red fir, pindrow fir, noble fir, and pacific silver fir). Some of these seeds have stratification requirements, which I have followed. Out of all of the different types of seeds I have bought ( spruce, pine, cypress), I have had success in germinating all of them except for fir tree seeds. Does anyone know what I need to do in order to successfully germinate these seeds? I have even slightly knicked a few of the seeds with sandpaper.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Where do you live/what is your USDA growing zone? Knowing that will make a huge difference in informed responses. :)

Also.. .have you talked to someone at the place you bought the seeds from? Seems to me that would be your first recourse. Any reputable place that sells seeds stands behind some sort of guarantee and offers help when needed.

Reaction score
Country
United States
live in Texas zone 8. Treeseeds.com is where I bought the seeds. All the seeds grow in my area based on their hardiness zone map. I have actually asked the same question to the company, however no response yet.

Ask a Question