Need help germinating some old bulbs w/ pic

Reaction score
I've got these 3 old bulbs that have been sitting in dry soil for around 7 years now and I need some good advice on how to get them to germinate. Although the effort may be in vein they once belonged to a late relative so I'm gonna do what I can.

bulbs%203%20shot_zpsk7fifjtb.jpg

I've heard some bulbs need to experience a cold period before they'll take off again so about a week ago I moved them into the garage where they've been between 15 and 35F. Again I know it's probably hopeless but what should I do from here on out to give these guys the best chance of sprouting?

If it's not already apparent I'm a complete novice at this and can use any advice you could offer.

Thanks, I'm all ears.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Well, you don't really have to do much. If they are going to sprout they will do so on their own. Leave them in the garage for now, just be sure they are not exposed to light. When it starts to warm up, check on them periodically to see if they are sending up leaf shoots. Once you see signs of life you can plant them.

Ask a Question