Fertilizer advice needed

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
France
Hi,
My plants are coming back (especially the mango trees) but I never gave any fertilizer to my potted plants and I think it might be a problem as water+sun is nice but without Potassium, Nitrogen, Phosphorus, ... a plant can't survive and in a pot those are available in limited amounts, what should I use for my indoor plants ?
For the Mangoes ? For the Rhipsalis ?

Of course I would prefer to use compost tea and stuff like that but I live in an appartment and have annoying neighbours so I don't think it would be a good idea to start doing compost (I tried a bit ago but failed 2 times because I put Bananas and Agrumes (Citrus) in it so it eventually fermented instead of composting)

Thanks in advance

A pic of the mango trees:
Ofuzk44xhN270WA6.JPG

The small mango tree is coming back too:
HB0nvULfdyQejprn.JPG

A Dracaena I found two years ago as just a piece stem with some leaves, on a street:
fm30ScsMkrxqg32A.JPG

Uknown plant I have had for a long time but it's showing signs of chlorosis (maybe a lack of nutrients ?):
0zZpxWbWsjeyxc4d.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
On plants spider mite (Tetranychinae) . They need treatment. They must be washed and sprayed insecticide-treated according to instructions. In the photo number 1 for the plant №2 too large pot. There's a problem with roots. It should be transplanted into a pot smaller. Perhaps too dry air. Impatiens is not sick chlorosis never. Good luck!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
You have two problems. Spider mites as larisa stated and you are overwatering

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
France
Hi,
Thanks a lot guys
Those are spidermites ?! I thouhgt it was just dehydratation + lack of nutrients,
what kind of insecticide should I use, pyrethrenoids ?

The small mango I'll transplant it again as soon as possible

So the last plant is an impatiens ? Didn't know (I have almost no knowledge about decorative plants), I started it from a cutting a long time ago, it makes pretty pink flowers sometimes.

Also, what about fertilizers ? Should I start to use them ? I saw a green plants fertilizer in a shop, NPK 6-3-6, could it be helpful for my plants ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi,
Thanks a lot guys
Those are spidermites ?! I thouhgt it was just dehydratation + lack of nutrients,
what kind of insecticide should I use, pyrethrenoids ?

The small mango I'll transplant it again as soon as possible

So the last plant is an impatiens ? Didn't know (I have almost no knowledge about decorative plants), I started it from a cutting a long time ago, it makes pretty pink flowers sometimes.

Also, what about fertilizers ? Should I start to use them ? I saw a green plants fertilizer in a shop, NPK 6-3-6, could it be helpful for my plants ?
Your fertilizer is fine but use it judicially. With the spider mite problem it is a far more serious problem. They are hard to get rid of and will infest any and all plants in proximity. They have a rather difficult to control reproductive cycle. What I would do is to separate the plants as far apart as possible and start a spray regimen of Neem Oil. This would be 2 oz of Neem per gallon of water or 1/2 oz per quart. I would spray this every 4-5 days for at least 3 weeks and keep watering to a minimum, never watering the leaves

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
A good alternative fertilizer is the water used to rinse meat and fish in the kitchen. Instead of plain water, you can irrigate the plants with that rinse water. But it is better if you can buy an aquarium so you have an added value in the fish. The aquarium water is a good fertilizer. And you have to change the water in the aquarium once a week so that would be your irrigation.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Chuck rights. I can add a little. Wash plant with zooshampoo from ticks. There must include permethrin. It's hard to recommend drugs to other countries. But I also got rid of the tick. For a long time, but successfully. From tick we sell fitoverm. We spray three times every 4 days. You can pack up the plant in a large bag (for rubbish, for example), spray in the evening, tie and leave overnight.
Perhaps you can buy other mites. They feed on spider mites. They are bought and released to the plant.
And it is necessary to wash a window or a table, a place where the plant stood.Feeding (applying fertilizers) used during active growth of the plant is not earlier than 2-4 weeks after transplantation, and not simultaneously with treatment. The fertilizer will not increase plant resistance to stress from pesticide treatment.
NPK 6-3-6 suitable fertilizer for growth. When your Impatiens will be healthy and will start to bloom, you can NPK 5+5+7. On Fertilizer write what his goals.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
France
Thanks for your answers

@Chuck: ok for the Neem oil, i'll try to find some tomorrow, I put the contaminated plants a few meters away but I can't do further because I live in an appartment.

@Corzhens: I don't eat a lot of fish or meat but the aquarium water seems a good idea, I don't have fishes at the moment but I'll see about that once I have some time and space to put them :)

@Larisa: Ok, i'll look for predators if available on sale too or for permethrin

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
France
I sprayed and wiped the contaminated plantes with neem oil + water, I'll come back when I have any updates about that, I also put a little bit on the damaged parts of mangoes's leaves, because neem oil is apparently also fungicid/bactericid so it might help even thought the black damages were not spreading anymore.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I sprayed and wiped the contaminated plantes with neem oil + water, I'll come back when I have any updates about that, I also put a little bit on the damaged parts of mangoes's leaves, because neem oil is apparently also fungicid/bactericid so it might help even thought the black damages were not spreading anymore.
Just watch your watering. Let the plant dry and then soak it, but don't let the water splash upon the leaves

Ask a Question