Fed up of gravel, thinking Astroturf?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
We have had gravel in our garden instead of lawns for years due to long period of time away (every weekend at our static) and dogs.
I really want to introduce some green back though and don't want real grass due to the dogs killing it when they have their wee's.
My daughter's husband has laid astroturf down in their garden and it has worked great with their dogs but not sure about how to edge mine as I have a very informal garden.
I was thinking of laying it right up to the end of the pond and then place the natural edging to the pond on top. But it will have to stop where the purple water can and hearts are as that is the pond filter system and pipes and wires buried there. I use that little path way to get to feeders as it is at the side of my pond.

Any ideas? We will leave some gravel at the garden on the right, holly, etc as eventually we will have a hot tub there. I know we won't have the fire pit on the grass! IMG_6801.jpgIMG_6798.jpgIMG_4772.jpg
IMG_6801.jpg
IMG_6798.jpg
IMG_4772.jpg
IMG_4772.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
There is a huge selection of artificial turf these days. Astroturf is a word I use also, but for googling around I would suggest other terms be tried as well.

Ask a Question