Stuffed Jalepenos

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
This week I created a thread to discuss the wonderful bounty of fresh jalepenos I received from a grower. I have come up with a stuffed jalepeno recipe that I am going to share because it is that good!

I cut and seeded the jalepenos and filled them with the cream cheese mix below:

Cream cheese
Shredded cheddar
Finely cut green onions
Bacon bits.

I then breaded and baked them. I did not list ingredient quantities because I honestly just threw stuff in a bowl and mixed it up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
This week I created a thread to discuss the wonderful bounty of fresh jalepenos I received from a grower. I have come up with a stuffed jalepeno recipe that I am going to share because it is that good!

I cut and seeded the jalepenos and filled them with the cream cheese mix below:

Cream cheese
Shredded cheddar
Finely cut green onions
Bacon bits.

I then breaded and baked them. I did not list ingredient quantities because I honestly just threw stuff in a bowl and mixed it up.
Here in Texas it is basically the same recipe except we wrap them in bacon and put them on the grill. Your lips will slap your face. They are that good and I bet baked is just as good as grilled. It is just too hot here now to use the oven

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for sharing this recipe! I grew up eating a lot spicy stuff, but amazingly I have never really felt like stuffing jalapeños.... I just thought it'd not come out as good. I tried one stuffed jalapeño once and liked it :) Might try this at home one day!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
I love jalepenos. There are big varieties for sale here in the Philippines. I will try to make this recipe next weekend because we will have a barbecue thing with the relatives. Thanks again for sharing!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This recipe sounds great! I'd skip bacon though, because I'm a vegetarian.
I often eat stuffed zucchinis, I've never tried stuffed jalepenos. I don't grow this vegetable. It's very spicy, isn't it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
This recipe sounds great! I'd skip bacon though, because I'm a vegetarian.
I often eat stuffed zucchinis, I've never tried stuffed jalepenos. I don't grow this vegetable. It's very spicy, isn't it?
It depends on which variety. Some are hotter than blazes and others not much more than a bell pepper and everything in between.

Reaction score
I've done a variation of this. I flash froze a bunch of them for about thirty minutes then put them in a freezer bag. They were so good we had them for breakfast sometimes. Yum.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
When it comes to jalepenos, the hotter the better for me. I grew up eating them and so I have built a tolerance and they need to be hot in order for me to really enjoy them. They are one of my favorite entertaining snack foods, but I have always just bought the frozen ones in the store...until now.

Ask a Question