Stuffed home grown tomatoes

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Thanks to Zigs for those Manx Marvel tomato seeds that he sent me all the way. I sowed the seeds, they germinated all of them, ,transplanted the seedlings plants grew,they flowered, tiny tomatoes appeared,they grew, they became red - good enough for the table

I stuffed them with scrambled egg - a yummy treat.

009.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
They look so delicious!!!:) I love tomatoes. Stuffing them with scrambled eggs sounds like an awesome idea. I must give it a try too:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
They look so delicious!!!:) I love tomatoes. Stuffing them with scrambled eggs sounds like an awesome idea. I must give it a try too:)
They tasted good. My nephew from the US had come on a visit and he got to taste them :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Cor, smashing (y)

Got given some free range eggs yesterday by the Lady i'm working for at the moment, that's breakfast sorted out then :)

Only got Golden Sunrise tomatoes left though, the blight has taken all the rest out :(

DSCN2143.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Cor, smashing (y)

Got given some free range eggs yesterday by the Lady i'm working for at the moment, that's breakfast sorted out then :)
Only got Golden Sunrise tomatoes left though, the blight has taken all the rest out :(

View attachment 9378
Hope you have the recipe for scrambled eggs My nephew from the US was over and he got to taste my stuffed tomatoes.i have not propped up my plants. They are growing side ways restng on some other plants. Will I get a second crop too? There are new flowers but I see no fruit.

. Upset to hear about that blight. It should not happen to experts like you.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'll have them fried, only got powdered milk :D

You probably will get another crop, it's only the cold weather that stops them here, i've kept a plant going all winter by potting it up and bringing it indoors before :)

Sprayed twice to prevent the blight, but it still got them :(

They turn from healthy plants to this in a few days.

DSCN2189.JPG

Reaction score
Those looks so tasty! I must admit it has been a while since I last tried eating a stuffed tomato, but those in your picture made me want to go to the grocery store and get some :) A long time ago I tasted stuffed tomatoes... they stuffed them with a very nice tuna salad.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Yum! I make stuffed peppers regularly but never thought to make stuffed tomatoes - I can't believe I'd never thought of that before.

I have to say one of the most delicious things out there are home grown tomatoes. I ate so many of ours throughout summer - our tomato and basil plants just flourished so I had plenty of caprese salads with fresh mozzarella - it's one meal I don't think I could ever tire of!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That does sound very tasty. We stuff peppers all the time around my house, but I never thought of stuffing tomatoes. They do make a great stuffing vessel too. I like your scrambled egg idea, but I bet they would also taste amazing with some sort of cheese stuffing as well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow, they looked so delicious and your presentation is also pretty! This is the first time I saw stuffed tomatoes, new idea, thank you :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
:love:How lovely to see tomatoes grown from seeds sent from Zigs in England to Grouie in India. And cooked with such appreciation. Love this forum.(y)
I loved tomatoes stuffed with fennel and rice which I had in Greece but I must admit I've been too lazy to make them. You've all inspired me. I actually have a bit of time on my hands at present so no excuse.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I'll have them fried, only got powdered milk :D

You probably will get another crop, it's only the cold weather that stops them here, i've kept a plant going all winter by potting it up and bringing it indoors before :)

Sprayed twice to prevent the blight, but it still got them :(

They turn from healthy plants to this in a few days.

View attachment 9380
:(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Those looks so tasty! I must admit it has been a while since I last tried eating a stuffed tomato, but those in your picture made me want to go to the grocery store and get some :) A long time ago I tasted stuffed tomatoes... they stuffed them with a very nice tuna salad.
You can stuff tomatoes with anything. I am glad I inspired you.

Ask a Question