Favorite Herb?

Reaction score
Rosemary!

Mostly because it came pre-grown in a giant bush in my yard.

But also because it smells so nice and is lovely to cook with.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
It would be difficult to only choose one. However, lemon balm is one of my favorites. :)

Reaction score
I may have to change my vote. I got coriander on my hands earlier and couldn't stop smelling them, I really love that scent.

Reaction score
I would have to say my favorite is mint. I like tge smell and the many different ways I can use it.

Reaction score
I love Basil as it is so pretty and also the many varieties of parsley (Italian, curly and regular) I grow for my cooking stash.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have not grown an herb garden yet, although I do plan to start one soon. When I do I know Rosemary will be one of my plants, I love the smell and the taste in my food.

Reaction score
I would like to start growing some basil and rosemary. I have begun to cook with these two herbs more and more and I would like to have my own instead of going to the store to buy some.

Reaction score
Where do you buy the starter herbs? Is there a better place over another? I want to start having them in my kitchen.

Reaction score
I love basil and oregano. I use those almost daily. My daughter loves parsley flakes. She prefers the italian parsley flakes. It has a little more flavor than other parsley flakes.

Reaction score
KI'd have to go for both mint and basil :) I love growing mint because is so easy to grow, I use it too cook fish and also to make tea. My dad uses his to make an infusion he drinks whenever he has stomach issues. He swears it works! I love growing basil as well; there is nothing better than having basil at hand to add to your salads!

Reaction score
Like a couple of people here, I would also say that mint is definitely at the top of my list of favourite herbs. The smell is amazing, the colour is beautiful and I like how the leaves look. I generally like anything with mint in it (especially mint chocolate chip ice cream), so this love of mint foodstuff is probably what's swaying my thoughts.

Reaction score
I love the look of basil as well as its smell and utility. It is always such a prolific and lovely plant to grow, it has to be one of my favorites.

Reaction score
I see that basil.and mint are really popular herbs. I can understand why as well. I have never tried basil on a salad before. I may start adding that to my salads since I eat a lot of them.

Reaction score
Your answers are so educational! I love this place already. My favorite herbs to grow are bay leaves, basil and parsley. It's mostly because they go great in our tropical weather over here.

Ask a Question