Favorite tea herbs/blends?

Reaction score
I'm new to herb growing, and I'd like to know which herbs are the best for making teas?
What herbs have you personally grown for tea-making and had success with? Failures?
I'm already planning to grow some mint, lemon balm and yarrow! :)

TIA for the feedback.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I like lemon balm tea, it's good to drink it in the evening because it helps to relax. The smell of it is quite nice. I also drink mint tea often, it's so refreshing:D

Reaction score
I second the mint, I've been growing chocolate mint and it's great for making tea. I love the smell of lemon balm and I'm planning to buy a lemon balm plant soon. I have a ginger plant for cooking and on the advice of other posters in this forum, I made ginger tea and it's really good.

Reaction score
I'm new to herb growing, and I'd like to know which herbs are the best for making teas?
What herbs have you personally grown for tea-making and had success with? Failures?
I'm already planning to grow some mint, lemon balm and yarrow! :)

TIA for the feedback.

What is yarrow? I've heard the name but I don't think I've seen a yarrow plant.
Speaking of making tea, I've seen chamomile seeds in the garden center and thought about buying them but I wonder how hard it is to grow chamomile.
I love store bought chamomile tea but things always taste better when you grow them yourself.

Reaction score
Country
United States
There are so many wonderful tisane recipes... All sorts of pleasant formulae for teas, and flavoured coffee too.

Sometimes just the simple modification of adding one ingredient can make a transilient difference.

I sometimes drop a single leaf of Lemon Vervain into a pot or cup of Black Tea. Sublime.

I prefer Lemon Vervain (Aloysia citrodora) to Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis). I find the flavour of the latter often has off-notes.

Of course, other variations on this theme would be Lemon Grass (Cymbopogon citratus, or similar) or Lemon Zest (Citrus x limon).

Ask a Question