Fake flowers

Reaction score
I found another picture of newspaper/book flowers. You are right, it would be nice to see something like this on a table in a cafeteria:)

tumblr_lo8qxkXeNd1qkg62io1_500.jpg

Here are roses made of music paper, it's such a romantic idea:D :

IMG9758.jpg

I like the sheet music roses. They look romantic and I think it's a beautiful use for old sheet music that would just be sitting in a box in the garage.

Jed

Reaction score
Now those musical score flowers are something. You can almost hear the music. I do think they would be quite a feature on a cafeteria table. I for one would be trying to read the words to figure out the tune.:)

Reaction score
I have to admit I hate fake flowers. One of the things I love about flowers is the smell. I love walking over to flowers and being able to smell them. Real plants all the way for me :)

Reaction score
In my country, a decade ago, everybody had fake flowers in their homes. When I grew up I got rid of all of them, they were just gathering dust and they're not the same as the real thing.

Jed

Reaction score
I grew up with them. I remember a vase of plastic gladioli that were always dusty. I guess that is pretty much the down side. I have no problem with them on a cafeterias tables though real ones are always a treat to have in front of you.

Reaction score
My boyfriend and I intent to open a shop and I can only say one thing for sure, I will have only fresh flowers inside! I think that once you like the place you are more inclined to buy something :))

Jed

Reaction score
My boyfriend and I intent to open a shop and I can only say one thing for sure, I will have only fresh flowers inside! I think that once you like the place you are more inclined to buy something :))

Fresh flowers are nice to see. Flowers in season are so easy to access and renew.The daffodils and wattle flowers are budding now in the middle of winter. Soon to show of their colours. Always welcome to have as a table plant or give to someone in late winter.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
I've never been a fan of fake flowers. I do remember the first time I saw them as a child I thought it was very weird. I grew up in a very remote, rural home that did a lot of gardening and raised animals. Why someone wanted fake flowers when real ones were everywhere did not computer to my young mind. I, naturally, understand why there is a market now, but they still aren't for me. To each their own.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I have often mixed good silk flowers with greens like ivy and ferns or other flowers that are in season. I always find it funny when I share that some are fake flowers people always choose the wrong stem to identify as real or fake.

Right now I need to clean up the mess from my all real hydrengea and phlox bouquet I have been enjoying. Few perfumes could march the smell as you enter a room with phlox bouquets. ;)

Reaction score
Has anyone ever owned a bunch of fake flowers. I must admit I have. They're a quick way to brighten up a corner require no water only a little dusting from time to time. :)
I don't have any now and have no plans on getting any again. Has anyone else had them?

http://firstcomeflowers.typepad.com/blog/2011/09/how-to-fool-people-with-fake-flowers.html

images
Many, many years ago I did have some. :) I must admit! I don't see anything wrong with having a few in the house as long as you don't go overboard. It starts to look really tacky when that's all you see.
How about this... I have actually seen people put fake flowers in their outdoor landscaping !!! I am being totally serious. It looks so bad and so plain to see that they are fake and not real. Ugghh... I think this may be a pet peeve of mine!!!
:( :( :(

Reaction score
Who hasn't gotten fake flowers before? They are pretty cool if you just want to set up a minor decoration somewhere, I wouldn't advise making it a habit of only getting fake flows. For valentines day I bought a fake rose and put it in the middle of a bunch of real roses that I game to my GF. I said "I will love you until the day all these flowers die." Major brownie points there.

Reaction score
I do just for decoration of course - in an area that you can't see up close but they still brighten it up. I know someone who keeps fake flowers in flower boxes on their house - you can tell from the street that they're fake. I can't wait to see what it looks like in the middle of winter! Haha

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
My mother likes fake flowers. I think it's because they are more affordable compared to real flowers. Also, even if my nephew will play with then, they won't get damaged. They just need to be washed every now and then.

Reaction score
Yes I did own a bunch of fake flowers before and they still looked real but I don't have any now. I do prefer real flowers though because I love the smell of them. If I were to give flowers to someone as a gift for any occasion I would purchase real flowers because you can't beat the real thing. When I performed in dance recitals for many years people gave me real flowers all the time and I don't ever remember getting fake ones.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like dried flower arrangements, sometimes mixed with good-looking fake flowers and other odd decorations. This can be a practical way to brighten a room in the off-season. I've seen many attractive arrangements done this way as an artistic expression. We have a good number of floral artists in our city who are very successful at this art form. Sure, nothing can take the place of fresh arrangements, but these artsy expressions can also add whimsy, freshness, a mood, even drama to any room.

Ask a Question