Fake flowers

Reaction score
Country
United States
There is nothing like the beauty and feel of real live plants and flowers. I just wish I could afford to have them in my home as often as I would like. That is why I have settled for the $1 store plants. Yes, they can look real, if you get the more natural kind, but it's just not the same. I even spray my fake flowers with Febreeze so that they smell nice every once in a while. Sad, but very true.

Reaction score
Personally, I cannot stand fake flowers or plants, regardless of how real they might look. Even if I lived in a home with no windows, which is extremely unlikely, I'd still have live plants by utilizing florescent lighting. To me, having fake flowers and plants is like having an aquarium with fake fish, or having a stuffed pet, I can't stand them. If I go into a restaurant and see fake flowers, it's an immediate turn-off, and this includes silk plants, flowers, and trees. Can't stand none of it....

The majestic beauty, serenity, clean air, good health, and a number of other benefits provided by plants, owning artificial ones, I consider to be a horticultural affront.

This sounds like a very good idea. I have a patch in my front yard that really needs some help and using good quality fake plants & flowers will make this easy for me. Do you know any suppliers of top notch quality fake flowers? --peace

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
When we lived in upstate NY, a neighbor across the street had plastic hyacinths in a nice straight, rigid row in front of her house. She left them in the ground all year long. Ever seen hyacinths up to their blooms in snow?

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Has anyone ever owned a bunch of fake flowers. I must admit I have. They're a quick way to brighten up a corner require no water only a little dusting from time to time. :)
I don't have any now and have no plans on getting any again. Has anyone else had them?

http://firstcomeflowers.typepad.com/blog/2011/09/how-to-fool-people-with-fake-flowers.html

images
They do brighten up an area but I like fresh flowers and I also believe in the Feng shui, where their rule is not to have any fake flowers as they are bad luck. If you do have then they should be silk for luck. It is difficult to have fresh flowers when the husband doesn't get the hint!

Reaction score
Those paper flowers are really pretty! Very creative and if used correctly, they could totally add personality to any decor. Good idea.

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I loved making papaer flowers with my mom and you just made me remember how beautiful they are and what it was like to make them. I am going to ask my mom to show me how to do it again as I have forgotten and then I am going to make it with my daughter.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Real flowers and fake ones are both soothing to the eyes, I admit sometimes I can't even tell the difference. A very well made fake flower seems so real that you can't tell it's fake unless you smell it. I think it is okay if it just for decorations around the house but if you want decoration and more benefits, I suggest you get a real one. In feng shui, real flowers are used to keep good energy flowing inside the home. It is beleived that flowers decorated inside the house absorbs the negative energy and when the flowers wilted, you have to throw it away immediately.

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Yes, good energy flowing I mentioned that the dry flowers or fake ones were unlucky but you are correct. I used to keep pot pourie and had to throw it away because of the bad feng shui

InvasiveCreeper

Wild Garden and Native Plant Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Fake flowers make me artificially happy. I get a phony, simulated, sense of joy out them. They smell nice though.

Reaction score
Country
Germany
We used to have fake sunflowers in our house. Everyone thought they were real. I enjoy looking at pretty flowers.
I am planning to buy some plastic roses just to make the house feel a little more cozy. Real flowers just dry out and die so fast if you don't wate rthem enough.....

Reaction score
Country
United States
About 20 years ago I got a vehicle load of plastic flowers from the grave yard trash dumpster. I put them every where, around the mail box next to the street, all the flower beds, along the driveway, along the front & sides of the house, they look like real flowers from a distance. After it snowed 4" very colorful flowers look very strange in the snow. LOL

Ask a Question