I do not grow flowers

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I bet you ten quid to a bucket of shite that these pepper plants will have flowers on them at some point.
Strawberries are the swollen ovaries of flowers.
Artichokes, broccoli, cauliflowers all flowers

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12B
Country
Canada
Yes they have flowers on them, I do hope to have 5 Different Kinds of Pepper for Labour Day weekend, or a day nor two ahead to get these 5 Peppers and enter them in Paris, Ontario Fair.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bet you ten quid to a bucket of shite that these pepper plants will have flowers on them at some point.
Strawberries are the swollen ovaries of flowers.
Artichokes, broccoli, cauliflowers all flowers

Haha, looks like someone won a bet! I think that OP was saying that he or she didn't grow flowers for decoration.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12B
Country
Canada
What I meant was I do not grow anything pretty in flowers, my chant is, if I cannot eat it, why grow it. If I had my way, I would have my front lawn green concrete. All I grow are Peppers and tomatoes and Herbs. And in the fall, I make an awesome tomato concoction that People who know me clamber for. It involves all 3 ingredients above, a smoker, a BBQ, and a Camp Chef Grill. It takes about 4 days to make and contains 4 kinds of Peppers

NigelJ

Still Learning
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Strictly speaking no flowers would mean no fruits and no grains; as well as no rosemary, thyme or sage which flower profusely in my garden. You would be restricted to leafy brassicas, leafy salad crops, garlic, onions, rootcrops like carrot and swede etc, potatoes if dug before flowering and leaves off a young bay tree. Not sure about allowing mushrooms as these are, like flowers, for reproduction.

Ask a Question