Fake flowers

Jed

Reaction score
Has anyone ever owned a bunch of fake flowers. I must admit I have. They're a quick way to brighten up a corner require no water only a little dusting from time to time. :)
I don't have any now and have no plans on getting any again. Has anyone else had them?

http://firstcomeflowers.typepad.com/blog/2011/09/how-to-fool-people-with-fake-flowers.html

images

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Sometimes fake flowers look real and are quite lovely when you can't tell the difference, but for me they are just not the same as the real thing. I suppose they have their place, but I doubt I'd want to have them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I have one enormous fake flower, it's almost as tall as me and bright pink. It looks so cheerful even though it's so kitschy:p . I bought it when I was very sad and needed something to make me laugh:p

Reaction score
Personally, I cannot stand fake flowers or plants, regardless of how real they might look. Even if I lived in a home with no windows, which is extremely unlikely, I'd still have live plants by utilizing florescent lighting. To me, having fake flowers and plants is like having an aquarium with fake fish, or having a stuffed pet, I can't stand them. If I go into a restaurant and see fake flowers, it's an immediate turn-off, and this includes silk plants, flowers, and trees. Can't stand none of it....

The majestic beauty, serenity, clean air, good health, and a number of other benefits provided by plants, owning artificial ones, I consider to be a horticultural affront.

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering going to the dollar store and buying a whole slew of fake flowers to put in my front yard. I'm not kidding. I have a large rectangular patch of dirt in the front of my house, and I don't feel like planting seeds and having to wait for the seeds to grow...waiting to see if they'll grow or not. I'm ready to have flowers out there right now!

I have fake flowers inside of my house, and they look fine to me. The fact that I don't have to worry about them wilting or the leaves falling off, just thrills me. Perhaps some fake flowers outside will look as nice as they do on the inside of my house.

Reaction score
I have some fake flowers... actually those are dried twigs, grass and flowers painted in wood colors and varnished . I love those.. as they bring nature indoors and tell me that dried or dead nature is beautiful. I love some fake flowers for the dark corners of my house especially in the bathrooms. They could brighten up the place.

Jed

Reaction score
Fake flowers can definitely have a place on restaurant tables to just add some colour decoration. To have real ones may come with some problems with people damaging them or not having enough for every table.
It's a treat though to see a little bunch of real ones from time to time. Always a good conversation piece.:) Are they real?

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering going to the dollar store and buying a whole slew of fake flowers to put in my front yard. I'm not kidding. I have a large rectangular patch of dirt in the front of my house, and I don't feel like planting seeds and having to wait for the seeds to grow...waiting to see if they'll grow or not. I'm ready to have flowers out there right now!

I have fake flowers inside of my house, and they look fine to me. The fact that I don't have to worry about them wilting or the leaves falling off, just thrills me. Perhaps some fake flowers outside will look as nice as they do on the inside of my house.

My neighbor has done just that, she has bought some fake orchids and put them in pots and left them in front of her home. People look at my plants and then at hers and think those are real.. I have heard grunts and moans of deep appreciation... I think sometimes those fakes get more appreciation than my hard working real plants..lol :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I see fake flowers here a lot also because of the heat flowers wilt so fast and need watered often .I can smell the difference ;)

Reaction score
My neighbor has done just that, she has bought some fake orchids and put them in pots and left them in front of her home. People look at my plants and then at hers and think those are real.. I have heard grunts and moans of deep appreciation... I think sometimes those fakes get more appreciation than my hard working real plants..lol :D
Maddie girlfriend, I now feel encouraged. You have encourage me this day, and I want to thank you. It never even dawned on me to put the fake plants into pots and then put them out front. I don't know why I never thought of it.

For the longest time, I have been wondering how I was going to pull off putting those fake flowers out in my front yard (that's mainly the reason why they are not out there yet), and make them look presentable. I had been thinking to myself of just sticking the bought stems of fake flowers straightway into the dirt, but I did not want to do that because I felt that it would not look right. But now I know, use pots.

As far as your orchids go, I'm sure that they are beautiful.

Reaction score
Maddie girlfriend, I now feel encouraged. You have encourage me this day, and I want to thank you. It never even dawned on me to put the fake plants into pots and then put them out front. I don't know why I never thought of it.

For the longest time, I have been wondering how I was going to pull off putting those fake flowers out in my front yard (that's mainly the reason why they are not out there yet), and make them look presentable. I had been thinking to myself of just sticking the bought stems of fake flowers straightway into the dirt, but I did not want to do that because I felt that it would not look right. But now I know, use pots.

As far as your orchids go, I'm sure that they are beautiful.
Flourishes, you are real serious aren't you? You could get yourself a few real flowering plants from a local nursery.. some simple unfussy stuff and start to grow them.. peace lilies, verbena, lantana are colorful and could even thrive on neglect..until then grow your fake flowers in pots.. you could even mix them up for some stunning effect.. ((( hugs))) to you...I can just understand your frustration. But growing real plants is so worth it, believe me.

Ask a Question