Fake flowers

Reaction score
I love flowers made from paper - some of them look really beautiful and I'm sure it's fun to make them. I haven't tried it yet but my boyfriend made a whole bouquet of paper roses for me for our first anniversary. It made me so happy, I still have it!:D

IMG_8062%25282%2529.jpg

191.jpg

kwiat_rozowy_kusudama.jpg

That's really cool, Claudine. My favorite ones are the sheet music roses.
Those would also be cute with vintage book pages.

Reaction score
I really don't mind spending money on fresh flowers. I buy a huge bunch of mixed flowers and use ferns and stuff to make them fill up all the vases in the house. I love gerberas but they don't last long in this heat, so I often go for roses, daises , carnations and use the flowers from my own plants to brighten my home.
No, I really don't care too much for fake flowers any kind, except for the bathroom area.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Maddie, I love fresh flowers, I always have them in my room, but I also really like decorating things - and I feel that using real flowers to decorate a gift or a hairpin or something like this would be cruel because they wouldn't have any water. This is why I sometimes make paper flowers:)
ACSAPA, this sunflower is adorable, thank you for sharing.
Here are nice roses:

papierowe-kwiatki.jpg

Reaction score
I think paper flowers are very charming and creative. It takes talent to make them look good. Here's a whole roundup of handcrafted paper flowers.
I didn't know you could even make paper chrysanthemums.

b6ee54a0b44c231aea0b90595bd9b648.jpg

Reaction score
I agree, they won't last long, but they look rather unique. And, fortunately, orange peel isn't expensive at all.

I really like these flowers because they are so delicate. I guess I can accept fake flowers made from fabric, I only don't like these made from plastic:

tumblr_lps12lL7Ot1qlspm3.jpg

Those are really pretty. I could see one of these as a hair ornament or pinned to a woman's lapel like a boutonniere.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
ACSAPA, I love the roses, tulips and peonies - these are my favorites but all of the paper flowers look very pretty, they're so detailed. I'd love to make some too:D
Here is a napkin decoration, in my opinion it looks really good:

paper_flower_napkin_ring.jpg

This is a funny bouquet made of newspaper, lol:p :

diy-paper-flowers-5.jpg

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering going to the dollar store and buying a whole slew of fake flowers to put in my front yard. I'm not kidding. I have a large rectangular patch of dirt in the front of my house, and I don't feel like planting seeds and having to wait for the seeds to grow...waiting to see if they'll grow or not. I'm ready to have flowers out there right now!
I have fake flowers inside of my house, and they look fine to me. The fact that I don't have to worry about them wilting or the leaves falling off, just thrills me. Perhaps some fake flowers outside will look as nice as they do on the inside of my house.

Don't do it! Fake flowers fade when they are exposed to the sun. If you keep replacing them often, it defeats the purpose of going to the dollar store. Why not just buy annuals every two months if you need a quick fix? If you need to brighten up real quick (indoors) buy a orchid they have long lasting blooms, or (outdoors) Pansy's or marigolds. I'm not a fan of fake flowers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I wouldn't put any fake flowers in my garden either - especially those made from plastic. They're not only ugly but - which is even worse - they aren't eco friendly. To me, it's like using plastic bags while shopping.
But, like I said, I don't mind paper flowers, these look really good:

Stampin'+Up+paper+flowers+(1).JPG

punched-paper-flowers.jpg

Reaction score
I think they are good in the bathroom, or some areas in the house, but something about fresh flowers is more natural and delightful!

Reaction score
I personally don't like fake flowers, as they just look fake and also collect dust easily. I'd much rather have real plants, even if they don't look perfect all the time.

Reaction score
I wouldn't put any fake flowers in my garden either - especially those made from plastic. They're not only ugly but - which is even worse - they aren't eco friendly. To me, it's like using plastic bags while shopping.
But, like I said, I don't mind paper flowers, these look really good:

Stampin'+Up+paper+flowers+(1).JPG

punched-paper-flowers.jpg

These are absolutely beautiful and a novel concept!!! Great idea for a summer party motif. I'll have to research more on it...but I really like the idea!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm sure that they're very easy to make, all you need is colored paper, scissors and some glue.
Personally, I really like paper flowers. These are so cute:

rainbow-wedding-inspiration-paper-flowers-wedding-centerpiece.original.jpeg

Jed

Reaction score
These newspaper flowers took my fancy. I think they could be fun to have about for a short time. Only if as a talking point. A cafe could have them on tables. It would be a bit off beat. :cool:
diy-paper-flowers-5.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I found another picture of newspaper/book flowers. You are right, it would be nice to see something like this on a table in a cafeteria:)

tumblr_lo8qxkXeNd1qkg62io1_500.jpg

Here are roses made of music paper, it's such a romantic idea:D :

IMG9758.jpg

Ask a Question