Fake flowers

Reaction score
I think the fake flowers that have the fake water look decent and aren't tacky.
The fake water is solid, like resin. This arrangement looks classy enough.

7ccced383d6e580719b17486e9b0c4b7.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
ACSAPA, these flowers look so pretty, at first I thought that they're real;)
What I like the most about fake flowers is that you can decorate everything with them without worrying that you are hurting something that is alive. For example, here are lovely newspaper flowers glued to a wall:

stylowi_pl_diy-zrob-to-sam_328830.jpg

Reaction score
Have used fake lawn but as yet not flowers. However, I have been tempted to buy some, I saw some amazing large displays at our local Costco store. The quality was very good and the price reasonable. I have a conservatory and have to keep moving my pot plants out of the suns rays in the summer. I know I could buy plants that can withstand the heat and that's what I should do. However a part of me still thinks that I should try the fake ones must be getting lazy in my old age!

Reaction score
I absolutely think that fake flowers and plants have their place, but I'm pretty picky about them. Some of them look very fake, cheap and tacky to me. There again, however, there are plenty of fake plants that are very pretty. When possible, however, I think it is much better to have the real thing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I find it hard to believe but these flowers are made of an orange peel:

il_fullxfull.363843094_k4eq.jpg

I wouldn't wear earrings like these because they're completely not my style but I don't find them tacky at all, I think they look nice.

Reaction score
My mother has the habit of putting fake flowers EVERYWHERE!! I hate them..and throw them out any chance I get. I rather stop at our local grocery store and purchase new fresh ones for my table. Fake flower are dust collectors and for all the effort in dusting them why not just have real ones that give off fresh air.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm not sure...but I'm afraid that these earrings will rot eventually anyway since they're organic.
But you can always replace them with new ones, orange peel isn't expensive at all:)

Reaction score
Fake flowers can be okay sometimes depending on where you are going and what they are being used for, but I prefer to have real flowers if I can afford them because they smell very nice and fresh. Fresh flowers can be used for making incense while fake flowers cannot and real flowers give the home a fresher sense.

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe but these flowers are made of an orange peel:

il_fullxfull.363843094_k4eq.jpg

I wouldn't wear earrings like these because they're completely not my style but I don't find them tacky at all, I think they look nice.
That's pretty interesting. I really don't think these would last too long though, the orange peel would become hard in a couple of days. I guess they could be sprayed with something to preserve them though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I agree, they won't last long, but they look rather unique. And, fortunately, orange peel isn't expensive at all.

I really like these flowers because they are so delicate. I guess I can accept fake flowers made from fabric, I only don't like these made from plastic:

tumblr_lps12lL7Ot1qlspm3.jpg

Reaction score
I hate to waste money on cut flowers too. I'm thinking of mixing some fake stuff and dried real stuff for my dining room table. So I might buy some of the fake branches of the fake pink cherry blossoms from Walmart and mix them with some real dried pussy willow branches. Even if I go fake for the flowers on my dining table, I still want it to look branchy and woodsy and artistic.
I saw some fake moss rocks at Walmart that are really cute.

Cut flowers for my table are the only think I don't mind spending money on weekly. Sometimes biweekly if you take good care of them :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
I love growing real plants, inside and outside both, and think that nothing adds to the house decor like live plants do.
However, I also think that there are absolutely stunning artificial flower bouquets, and I have those in my house as well.
I have also used them in pots and set out on my porch where it was too shady for flowers to really bloom and flourish. The pots gave stability, and then the porch looked a lot better with the profusion of flowers on there, then it did with nothing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love flowers made from paper - some of them look really beautiful and I'm sure it's fun to make them. I haven't tried it yet but my boyfriend made a whole bouquet of paper roses for me for our first anniversary. It made me so happy, I still have it!:D

IMG_8062%25282%2529.jpg

191.jpg

kwiat_rozowy_kusudama.jpg

Reaction score
Yes, I have used fake flowers in my home before. I don't have any in home right now, but I'm a big fan of them. Some of them really look real, and sometimes visitors to my home can't tell the difference. I do miss the smell of fresh flowers, but fake flowers are so convenient.

Ask a Question