epic fail

Reaction score
haha ill try to be tougher on the next batch. I sowed the rest of my seeds strait into the beds so I can concentrate on the container plants and ive got alot of sprouts. im not gonna put too much effort into those, if they make it great

Last edited:
Reaction score
question: if I'm going to keep them in containers why can't iseed directly into intended pot?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
question: if I'm going to keep them in containers why can't iseed directly into intended pot?
You can , but it is easier to maintain the proper moisture for seedlings in a small container than a big pot.

Last edited:
Reaction score
that makes sense, especially the way you suggested which I will be trying. thanks for all your advice

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
that makes sense, especially the way you suggested which I will be trying. thanks for all your advice
I don't grow herbs until I am about to run out of them. I don't do medicinal stuff only the basic cooking herbs. I only grow a bunch of them at one time. I usually grow them in 2 gallon pots and when I plant the seeds I will spread an entire packet of seeds into one pot that is filled with a 50/50 mix which is saturated with water. I then cover the pot with cellophane and make a minature greenhouse and poke a few holes in it. If I am lucky maybe 20% will germinate but there are a bunch of seeds in a packet which are cheap. I actually have to thin them out. The reason I gave you the previous advise is that I think you want to learn the basics and the way I do it takes a watchful eye.

Reaction score
I was going to try the same thing. I have a bunch of those little starters and seeds. Sometimes they fail. I know how you feel! Hope you make it work next time!

Ask a Question