Tottaly fail, need advice

bio

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Hello there i have no experience about trees or plants, this is my firts steps....
So i have olive tree, photinia and lemon tree, both of them is in very bad condition, i dont understand if the problem is underwatering or overwatering.....
So i need info and help !!!

IMG_6716_zpsoyrbnfap.jpg

IMG_6714_zpsu7uuzeb3.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello there i have no experience about trees or plants, this is my firts steps....
So i have olive tree, photinia and lemon tree, both of them is in very bad condition, i dont understand if the problem is underwatering or overwatering.....
So i need info and help !!!

IMG_6716_zpsoyrbnfap.jpg

IMG_6714_zpsu7uuzeb3.jpg
How much do you water and how often do you water? Do the pots have holes in the bottom? How many hours of full sunshine do the trees get?

bio

Reaction score
Country
Greece
How much do you water and how often do you water? Do the pots have holes in the bottom? How many hours of full sunshine do the trees get?
I use to water every 4-5 days but the last time much less because i thought id water them a lot so i wanted to dry.
The pots yes have holes and they are at very bright spot but for 2-3 hours direct sun light...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I use to water every 4-5 days but the last time much less because i thought id water them a lot so i wanted to dry.
The pots yes have holes and they are at very bright spot but for 2-3 hours direct sun light...
Your main problem is NOT ENOUGH SUNLIGHT. They need at a minimum at least 6 hours of direct sunlight. When watering, water slowly, deeply and thoroughly, making sure that the roots are wet. In a container the size of yours about once per week. It is much better to have plants a little dry than too wet.

bio

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Your main problem is NOT ENOUGH SUNLIGHT. They need at a minimum at least 6 hours of direct sunlight. When watering, water slowly, deeply and thoroughly, making sure that the roots are wet. In a container the size of yours about once per week. It is much better to have plants a little dry than too wet.
The spot i have them is really bright for 10-12 hours but only 2-3 direct as i said.
I thing that this in not the poblem and i say this because my upper floor neighbor have same threes and are very nice. I thing my problem is over or under water, but i dont know which of those two.
So what can i do now to save them ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The spot i have them is really bright for 10-12 hours but only 2-3 direct as i said.
I thing that this in not the poblem and i say this because my upper floor neighbor have same threes and are very nice. I thing my problem is over or under water, but i dont know which of those two.
So what can i do now to save them ?
Remove the plants from the pots. Look at the roots. If they are white and shriveled/brittle it is underwatering. If the roots are brown you have root rot from overwatering. If the roots are pliable and white they are OK. When you water, water as I stated earlier. But I am saying this again. They are not getting enough direct sunlight.

bio

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Remove the plants from the pots. Look at the roots. If they are white and shriveled/brittle it is underwatering. If the roots are brown you have root rot from overwatering. If the roots are pliable and white they are OK. When you water, water as I stated earlier. But I am saying this again. They are not getting enough direct sunlight.

Thanks for the info, i will remove lemon tree for start next days for soil change so i will see the roots and i will photo the to see what's wrong...

Ask a Question