Easy things to grow for beginners?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I would really enjoy starting to garden and plant things but I don't exactly know what would be the best things to plant since I don't have a lot of experience. Any suggestions? Also, what supplies would I need to start off? Thanks everyone!

My suggestion is that you start small. The reason is that gardening can quickly get out of hand and plants need the right amount of nurturing attention and care in order to thrive. Since you want a garden- which I equate to mean outdoor plants - you may want to visit a local nursery to find out what native plants do best in your climate.

At this stage, I would advise against starting anything from seed since you want the right plants for the right season and climate. The plants that will be the best choice for you will also depend on how much sun or shade is present in the area where you want to plant. You may also want to start out with plants in containers so that you can move them around as needed.

There are a number of easy plants such as cast iron, ivy and ferns, that are great to start with, but you really need to find out what grows best where you live. So again, start small with local plants and gradually increase your garden over time.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well it is great to see radishes on there and everything, but I also would like something that I enjoy using, and I am afraid that radish does not really pass that test for me. I have learned tomatoes and those are pretty easy, so I am pretty sure that is really the common thing to start with around here.

Ask a Question