Drinking tea?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It turns out that teabags are actually only 70-80% biodegradable because they also contain polypropylene!

Ooops! Who would have thought!?

Oh no, that's very disappointing! :wideyed:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@MaryMary: you're a valued member here. So many informative articles. That quotation was from MaryMary's links.

Shocking ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
was searching for something else and re-discovered this. there is a type of tea leaf I use during the summer. very natural. called honeybush tea. really good. has a natural sweetness to it.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I drink decaffeinated tea, any of these Typhoo, Tetley or PG Tips. Usually when any of them are on offer. Milk no sugar, because I'm sweet enough.:LOL:
No I stopped having sugar when i was 16, trying to lose weight. It's very difficult to do it and it tastes bitter for a long time.
I still put the used ones in the compost bin, they break down eventually.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I don't have sugar in any beverage and not even on cereal. You can actually taste the sugar, manufacturers put it.

This goes back forty years, when I was making myself a coffee one morning, a spoonful of Nescafé, two spoonfuls of Coffeemate and two of sugar in a cup. I looked down at it told myself, "this can't be doing me any good." So I gave up with the sugar there and then. Those like me who don't take sugar, will screw their faces up if given a cup of tea or coffee with sugar in it. Same reaction to some who like sugar but have been given a drink without it. So it must be a bit of an addiction.

It cut down on dental treatment immediately. I rarely have to have anything done.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I never got into the south's classic sweet tea. I do drink cold green tea. Hot black teas I found that I like them with nut flavored creamers that people buy for coffee.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain meets the Sandringham branch of the Women's Institute once a year.
Tea and cake with the Queen

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I have not had sugar in either tea or coffee since 1960 something when it went up to 1 shilling a bag. I was living with my grandfather at the time and he refused to buy it at that price.
Not had milk in either for over 25 years either. Lactose intolerance.
I like Early Grey tea in the evening, made with leaves not tea bag.

Ask a Question